Gibson release InSpectre vulnerability and performance checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I tried out the new version and it shows I do have a microcoe update available but I sure can't find it at dell.
ScreenHunter_97 Apr. 15 14.06.jpg

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
With Dell it is just a EXE yo click on.
He means something completely different to an EXE. Modding your BIOS manually requires the right knowledge or you'll brick your machine. I did a fair bit of it a couple of years ago. I'd do some research it you plan to actually, manually mod you BIOS. It's not point and click.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

He means something completely different to an EXE. Modding your BIOS manually requires the right knowledge or you'll brick your machine. I did a fair bit of it a couple of years ago. I'd do some research it you plan to actually, manually mod you BIOS. It's not point and click.

Sorry but you are wrong here. Dells BIOS updates are in fact EXE's
Not like the old days. I will tell you I went to school for electronic service back in the early 80's back when you had to set up the hard drive and cyl manualy, old floppies and so I am not new to this. Todays electronics is way easier.
I wa ther first to set up modern slot machines with the biggest slot machine company in the world. Not even going to go into my full resume because I am retired now and don't care anymore and the only this I fix now is my own computers. Anyway that's it . the school I went to wa rated tenth in the nation , usa. out of 82 that started only 39 graduated and 22 of those went to work for the FBI.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Not like the old days. I will tell you I went to school for electronic service back in the early 80's back when you had to set up the hard drive and cyl manualy, old floppies and so I am not new to this. Todays electronics is way easier.
I wa ther first to set up modern slot machines with the biggest slot machine company in the world. Not even going to go into my full resume because I am retired now and don't care anymore and the only this I fix now is my own computers. Anyway that's it .

That's not how BIOS mod works man. BIOS mod is not you click on this EXE app and then you are done. I think you got yourself confused between BIOS mod and updating BIOS term.

Reactions: ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I wa ther first to set up modern slot machines with the biggest slot machine company in the world. Not even going to go into my full resume because I am retired now and don't care anymore and the only this I fix now is my own computers. Anyway that's it .
I'm NOT saying DELL's bios updates are NOT exe's. You are proving you don't even know what bios modding is with your replies. BOIS modding isn't when you use official software to install BIOS updates. BOIS modding is extremely risky and completely different to what you're on about. You couldn't have done any BOIS modding because you'd know straight away what it is. It's using unofficial methods and tools to modify your BIOS for different purposes NOT using the EXE that is provided by your motherboard manufacturer. I'd do some googling on bois modding because as things stand your sprouting off how long you've been in IT and looking like a fool because you clearly do NOT know what BOIS modding is. Again - BIOS modding is NOT using the official EXE'S provided by your motherboard manufacturer. It's using toolkits, command lines and other methods to unofficially mod your BIOS. I don't feel the need to mention my experiance or qualifications. Serious - Google BIOS modding.

BIOS modding - Google Search

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Since I could not find the new dell BIOS update on dell support site, last night I installed the dell support assistant.
it found a new BIOS up date and I installed it. first the program clears everything then re flashes it and verifies everything. Now my machines shows fully patched. (y)
ScreenHunter_97 Apr. 16 11.31.jpg

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
My system is Spectre vulnerability forever unless I mod my BIOS...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.