Gibson release InSpectre vulnerability and performance checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

All I know is the file I used to fix my CPU against spectre was inspectre.exe from Dell. That brought it's version from A08 to A09

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
All I know is the file I used to fix my CPU against spectre was inspectre.exe from Dell. That brought it's version from A08 to A09

That's BIOS update. ASUS will not patch Spectre on Z77, Z87, and Z97 board even Intel already released the latest microcode for 4th gen CPU and below.

Reactions: Danielx64

maxsin72

Apr 30, 2018
Hi
I have disabled spectre protection with inspectre software to perform some tests. But when i try to enable again spectre protection, even if i run inspectre as administrator, the option is grey and will not work.
I have a 4790k with a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 and windows 10 64bit
Please help me, Thank you

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

You can try opening commant prompt with admin rights and copy and past the following. Right click on start menue, then select command prompt ( admin)
Ctrl C to copy anc CTRL V to paste.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Be sure to restart your computer when done.

maxsin72

Apr 30, 2018
You can try opening commant prompt with admin rights and copy and past the following. Right click on start menue, then select command prompt ( admin)
Ctrl C to copy anc CTRL V to paste.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Be sure to restart your computer when done.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.