Expired Giveaway of the day — Shadow Defender 1.4

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
What is Shadow Defender?

Shadow Defender is an easy, powerful and effective security solution that protects your PC/laptop against malicious activities and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activities and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

If you want to make a maintenance-free computer, Shadow Defender will be your best choice.

Shadow Defender Features

• Prevent all viruses and malwares.
  • Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
  • Protect your privacy.
  • Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
  • Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.
Shadow Defender Users

• Maintain a system free from malicious activities and unwanted changes.
  • Test software and game installations in a safe environment.
  • Protect against unwanted changes by shared users (suitable for workplaces and educational institutions).
PS: It's a very very good software!!

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
During the last giveaway, I did installed on all 6 laptops around the my house even though most of them don't use it. You don't know when you're gonna need it. :D .

And I still have one licensed version on hand. :p

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks buddy For the share! It is a must in a modern day security set up and like froggy stated ; if you do not own this wonderful program yet , then better get it asap! it's a true lifesaver / anti - agrivation app!!!

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thank you! I really like Shadow Defender. It's funny that just yesterday I was looking around the net to see if there were any current giveaways for Shadow Defender and couldn't find any and now today there is one.

I did run across one problem installing Shadow Defender, I found that for my PC and Windows 10 latest version "Anniversary" that I had to disable secure boot and then turn off digital certificate protection to get it installed properly, otherwise Windows wouldn't allow a driver the software uses to install, but once doing so I turned back on secure boot and all is well.

Thanks again!

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
I keep getting a warning message of malicious content when trying to download it from the giveawayoftheday.com website?
I'm using current Google Chrome and have BitDefender Total Security 2017 installed as my antivirus program.:oops:
It gives me a choice to keep it or dismiss it :(

Reactions: aragornnnn

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
What's the catch? I'm sure there is, but I don't see anything about it.

With Giveaway of the Day normally you will lose your full version of the program if you do a major update; sometimes minor updates are allowed with no problem. If you're willing to forswear updates you can keep the program for free indefinitely, which sometimes is a very satisfactory option for me. You can also get the update for free by waiting for the next giveaway to come along wherever. I don't find that giveaways won't install for me because I had a giveaway of a previous version. Subscribing to the giveaway forum at Malware Tips as well as to various giveaway sites will help you play this game successfully.

You don't know when you're gonna need it. :D .

It seems to me that to get the benefit of this program it must run all the time. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. But if you have a computer that's susceptible to crashes and freezes it seems when those involuntary shutdowns occur Shadow Defender is going to be getting rid of changes on your system that you wanted to keep.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
It seems to me that to get the benefit of this program it must run all the time. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. But if you have a computer that's susceptible to crashes and freezes it seems when those involuntary shutdowns occur Shadow Defender is going to be getting rid of changes on your system that you wanted to keep.

Pecisely. Which is why I installed on all of my PC. In case if there's problem SD can revert it. I have it Shadow on Boot on all except my own and my sister. I usually update those programs twice a week where SD is turn off.

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Arrrghhh! WHY am i always late for the party????? FFS, i get so tiiired!!:mad::mad:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.