Expired Giveaway of the day — Trojan Killer Portable 1.1.11

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
FFPeJK.png

Reactions: Sundaram999

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
The fellows over at Giveaway of the Day say the program is a nightmare of massive false positives.

I think that more than a few security programs try to wow less knowledgeable users by going after files and programs on ridiculous pretexts.* The user lets the security program remove everything and ignorantly believes he's been saved from a massive malware infection.

*Example: I have IM ToolPack, a good screenshot program which comes with Crawler Toolbar, a toolbar for Internet Explorer (which I never use). Some programs have targeted Crawler Toolbar. :eek: Eek! A toolbar! The horror!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As always you should research each and every product thoroughly before downloading and installing it.
This includes the giveaway links/sites.GOTD is a safe,valid site but not every software featured is necessarily the best.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.