Expired Giveaway of the day — UnHackMe 7.90

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
UnHackMe was initially created as anti-rootkit software, but currently it has more features: scanning for "unwanted programs", checking for junk files, created by PUPs, scanning of Windows startup, services, drivers, testing Windows shortcuts, scanning for rootkits, testing the host files and DNS settings, testing all used files on Virustotal. The program uses its own database to detect what is better to remove from your PC. The important advantage of UnHackMe is that you can find an unknown malware by inspecting UnHackMe information.

UnHackMe eliminates various types of malicious software:
  • Redirecting;
  • Popup ads;
  • Potentially unwanted programs (PUP);
  • Unwanted processes;
  • Slow browsing;
  • Rootkits;
  • Trojans;
  • Spyware;
  • Keyloggers.

Gotta give it a try myself. :)

Checking at their webpage. Seems good though. Not sure if this giveaway allows to use as portable version.

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Dmitry Sokolov actually have an account here on MT but seams a bit old on his profile page...Quote : " Birthday: Jan 1, 1900 (Age: 116) " o_O :D

Dmitry Sokolov
UBH4ZGb9.png

Seriously view...seen good reviews and also bad ones. Use it wisely if you gonna try it. Good luck and thanks for the share CMLew! :)

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Note: Before reading, realize that I've never used this software before, nor read anything online or seen video of it in action. I took 15 minutes or so to get an idea.

Very prone to false positives but very useful in seeing if your OS is infected. I wouldn't leave on it's real time (monitoring in background) though. Not sure how that part works but the on demand is nice. Also not sure how it's rootkit scan on boot works either. I also turned that off. No problem with FP's but when something removes files without asking, FP's are a huge risk. As far as I know (from using the on demand part) it lets you have all the control. There are a lot more tools packed into this than you'd think. Even has capabilities to upload unknowns to VirusTotal on it's own and show all the files in one convenient place with their rating using a browser. I'd assume a html file.

The language control is funny... English or... "Nature" lol Maybe they mean natural? As in Russian? It is natural to speak or read Russian in Russia and a program that was made in Russia would naturally be in Russian first. Just blew my own mind. Switching to Nature did nothing. Still in English. Very confusing.

The good: It works well and is very fast. Give the user a lot of control. Don't recommend for novices. Mostly for FP's.

The bad: It isn't always straight forward. Run a full scan it might open up reg animator (or whatever it was called) then some VT scan... you get the point. It's confusing at first and I haven't gotten to use it on a heavily infected system yet. Only seemingly light/moderate adware infections in a VM.

The unknown: Don't know how it handles with monitoring online. Does it auto delete? Ask? How effective is it against a real threat? Malicious adware, trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, etc and how well can it repair/remove said threats. It even has some options to repair certain things in registry for example with it's "Clean after Virus Attack" which can restore things like task manager using RegRun Assistant.

Seems like a good program. I'd at least get a key for now if you are unsure if you want it and save it for later. I might get some real nasty stuff and infect VM to see how it does. At the time I was testing Quick Heal Total Security 2017 beta and it caught (surprisingly - although it seems to use Bitdefender signatures - terrible with adware) all the real threats so only had adware left... so I simply used Unhackme to check for remnants first before running Zemana (which only detected 2 adware - Unhackme noticed them in start up but classified it as unknown - even Quick Heal was unknown to it).

With that, I consider this another useful tool to simply run as on demand to check for infection. I wouldn't rush into using this. Might screw your system up if you blindly trust it. In fact, I can guarantee you will if you blindly trust it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.