Status
Not open for further replies.

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
For all Giveaway Threads, I reckon that it must be closed after the End Date to allow time for randamizing of winners and reopen once Winners List is to be announced / Message Response for winners as confirmation of acknowledgement. Any applicants beyond Entry Time is to be removed from winners draw to conform to Forum Giveaway Rules.
This can make your Giveaway very successful if this is Right and Justice and every members pay
respect to it. One Forum which I don't want to mention, they do not stick to the Rules which result in numerous complaints and rumours from Forum Members which I do not want to happen here.
I am extremely sorry to start this topic and hope ALL Staff Members and Forum Members WILL Understand and Don't Mind !!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think it will be better if the forum will have a time and date indicator, so that Giveaways' time and date will be based on that.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
I am with you .Mod should be close it after Winners List is announced.

thanks for good note.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The end date of the giveaway is always posted.I usually run the giveaway for 2-3 weeks which gives every member a fair chance at entering.The thread remains open until all winners have claimed their licenses.This is because some members enter and never respond within the 5 day period.Then alternate winner(s) have to be chosen.Some members who post entries after the winners have been announced have obviously failed to read the OP or even look at recent replies before posting.
  • The date should suffice.As for myself time constraints dont allow me to stick to a specific time on the closing date.
  • The thread is always temporarily closed when the winners are being chosen.There is a lot of work that goes in to picking the winners.All entries have to be checked.Some members dont follow the guidelines and post replies like Thanks,Great,ect. they have to be removed from the entries.Some members cheat and make multiple accounts to get more entries.IP's therefore have to be checked.Screenshots of the random draw have to be taken to preserve the integrity of the giveaway.
  • Once the winners are picked and posted the thread is reopened and left that way until all winners have claimed their winning licenses.
  • After that it is closed and moved to the expired subforum
Once again No Member is to start a new thread in the MalwareTips Giveaway Forum.Some members are posting entries as a new thread.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The end date of the giveaway is always posted.I usually run the giveaway for 2-3 weeks which gives every member a fair chance at entering.The thread remains open until all winners have claimed their licenses.This is because some members enter and never respond within the 5 day period.Then alternate winner(s) have to be chosen.Some members who post entries after the winners have been announced have obviously failed to read the OP or even look at recent replies before posting.
  • The date should suffice.As for myself time constraints dont allow me to stick to a specific time on the closing date.
  • The thread is always temporarily closed when the winners are being chosen.There is a lot of work that goes in to picking the winners.All entries have to be checked.Some members dont follow the guidelines and post replies like Thanks,Great,ect. they have to be removed from the entries.Some members cheat and make multiple accounts to get more entries.IP's therefore have to be checked.Screenshots of the random draw have to be taken to preserve the integrity of the giveaway.
  • Once the winners are picked and posted the thread is reopened and left that way until all winners have claimed their winning licenses.
  • After that it is closed and moved to the expired subforum
Once again No Member is to start a new thread in the MalwareTips Giveaway Forum.Some members are posting entries as a new thread.
I don't have anything to add.
exterminator20 said everything in clean and simple way. I can just remind the members to watch for dates and times. Especially for the day of picking the winners. Always pay attention about everything that is written in the main giveaway post, as that is everything that member needs to know.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes. Thank you this, and thank you for all the future keys we are going to win fairly & squarely! That is, if only we follow your directions, & pay attention to the deadlines thus getting those entries in on time!!!:rolleyes: :D:p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think both Bora and I have said it before and even posted it in the Giveaway Guidelines that members entering a giveaway should note the ending date so they can check in a timely fashion to see if they have won.Of course an unforeseen emergency can be worked out with a PM to me or Bora.If I entered a giveaway for a license I wanted I would be sure I noted the ending date,put it on notepad on your desktop,and was online sometime that day or the next to check the winners or my PM's.Every winner is afforded 5 days to respond to claim their winning license.This is a very fair grace period before another winner is selected.I feel bad when I have to pick an alternate winner because another winner failed to respond however fair is fair.Sometimes as soon as I post the winners,there are many non winning members posting congrats to those who won.I always post the results on the closing date and before I even reopen the thread all winners have been sent their winning PM.I think we do a pretty good job at making these giveaways as fair as humanly possible and always with integrity.I wish everyone could win and I do wish everyone good luck :)

D

Deleted member 178

yes winner should reply fast if not the license will fall in Umbra's pockets :p

(this is a joke, dont PM me to ask if i have some spare license... ^^)

Reactions: cooldoctor2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.