Expired Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro - 1 Year license

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
mh.png

• Hyper scan makes you enjoy a faster scanning speed.
  • Detect and remove stubborn malware, against potential danger.
  • Malware Hunter is an award-winning product that provides comprehensive protection against all types of threats, secures your data, protects your privacy and ensures your PC remains virus-free.
Malware Hunter - Provide you with the ultimate in Virus detection and protection capabilities | Glarysoft

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I have heard some bad things about Qihoo (can't say if they are correct or not), does those apply to this software also?
The only thing I didn't like about Qihoo was the false positives; otherwise, my experience with it was fantastic. (It's also my problem with Avast, another fine product.)

If one is more concerned with security than false-positives, one would be remiss in overlooking Qihoo.

Reactions: mal1

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I tried it and did a quick test: the optimization tools are reliable enough, no problem after the complete optimization.
The detection capability greatly increases just when you enable Avira engine.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Yes, there is real-time protection. You can access the settings by clicking on the shield.

I could find no option to turn off the real time protection to use the software as an on demand software and wanted to ask you if you might know if that is possible?

I do realize when you do a scan you are asked if you want to use the Avira scan engine to produce better scans. This makes me wonder if this is a multiple engine scanning software and Glarysoft has it's on/Or licensed engine to provide real time protection all the time with the OPTION to turn on the Avira engine.

But what is disturbing to me about clicking SCAN and getting a message saying that I might want to turn on the AVIRA secondary option to have better scan results is the fact that I view it as though : "If they hold the AVIRA scan engine and it's results so highly, then would it not make sense for me to just install and use AVIRA?".

Either way, I don't like the setup of this software, it puts you in a place where you need to trust but question at the same time when trying to use this software. I mean even if you use all features you really have no information as to what you are doing to your PC with the reg cleaner and other things.

The biggest problem I have always had with Glarysoft software is the fact that there is not enough documentation or information as to how to use the software. I just can't trust such a company that doesn't want you to know what or HOW it is supposed to be doing good for your computer. Just my opinion.

P

PEllis

I could find no option to turn off the real time protection to use the software as an on demand software and wanted to ask you if you might know if that is possible?

I do realize when you do a scan you are asked if you want to use the Avira scan engine to produce better scans. This makes me wonder if this is a multiple engine scanning software and Glarysoft has it's on/Or licensed engine to provide real time protection all the time with the OPTION to turn on the Avira engine.

But what is disturbing to me about clicking SCAN and getting a message saying that I might want to turn on the AVIRA secondary option to have better scan results is the fact that I view it as though : "If they hold the AVIRA scan engine and it's results so highly, then would it not make sense for me to just install and use AVIRA?".

Either way, I don't like the setup of this software, it puts you in a place where you need to trust but question at the same time when trying to use this software. I mean even if you use all features you really have no information as to what you are doing to your PC with the reg cleaner and other things.

The biggest problem I have always had with Glarysoft software is the fact that there is not enough documentation or information as to how to use the software. I just can't trust such a company that doesn't want you to know what or HOW it is supposed to be doing good for your computer. Just my opinion.
You can turn off real-time protection by right clicking Malware Hunter's icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will get this menu.

upload_2017-2-17_9-14-29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Serious Noize

cibin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 23, 2015

same to you bro

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
You can turn off real-time protection by right clicking Malware Hunter's icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will get this menu.

View attachment 138290

Thanks, but I never found that screen regardless of what I "Right Clicked" with the mouse on. Thing is though I think they updated the version since the giveaway started. I did however find the "Turn off real time protection" in the settings menu. Perhaps I am using a newer version?

Thanks for the information though, I really appreciate that.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.