Glas' Config - What have you for a PC Sytem?

what you have for a Pc System

• Windows 7

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Windows 8.1

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux

• Mac

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you aware of your last infection, and methods to prevent that from re-occurring?

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I Have the Malwarebytes Pro Real Time Protection, not the FRee Version
Malwarebytes Pro is good. I don't like software like Tuneup Security. You will get different opinions here on MT about these kind of programs. I'm not sure how your using Avira as a on demand scanner. There are better choices for on demand scanners and you never want more than one anti-virus program running in real time with MBAM. I'm sure you will get suggestions for on line scanners. I'll leave that to the pros here on MT
Here's what User Account Control Settings are!
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

glas

Thread author
Jul 30, 2014
I had Windows 8, however, have returned after 7. But Windows 9 is bought in the spring.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
I have fully updated Win 8.1 Update 2 with an i7 Quad-Core 2.3 GHz, 6 GB RAM (I will get some more soon), 500 GB
Hitachi HDD Drive 5200 Rounds per minute (Will change to an SSD sometime), and an Geforce 635M with 2 GB Memory.
1600 by 900 pixels LED Screen 17,3 Inch.

Basically a standard ASUS A75V Laptop.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Make sure UAC is enabled: Control Panel > System & Security > Action Center > Change User Account Control Settings
Suggest a Privacy program such as CCleaner or Privazer
Consider MBAM,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergency kit for on demand scanner choices
With recent infection Sandboxie would be a good software to install and learn how to use
Some useful Chrome extensions :Adblock + or uBlock,HTTPS Everywhere,Wot ,Ghostery
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.