GlassWire for Android - 100% Free and Ad-Free

Do you currently use GlassWire for Windows desktop?

• Yes

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Only as a beta tester

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read more at GlassWire for Android is here! | GlassWire Blog

Why did we make GlassWire for Android?
We wanted a similar network monitoring application for our own Android phones but we were shocked to find a lot of the data usage apps we tested sent quite a bit of data over the network themselves.

We worked long and hard to create this first version of GlassWire for Android that’s 100% free with no in-app purchases or ads.

GlassWire for Android makes it easy to keep track of your mobile carrier data usage and WiFi Internet activity.

Key features:
  • See a live graph of what apps are currently using your carrier data, or slowing your Internet connection.
  • Instantly know every time a new app accesses the network and begins using your data.
  • Go back in time with GlassWire’s graph to see what apps wasted your data earlier in the week or month.
  • GlassWire’s data alerts help keep you under your data limit. Get alerted before you reach your carrier data limit to avoid costly overage fees.
  • GlassWire reveals unusual network activity from unknown apps or malware that could be violating your privacy or spying on you.
  • GlassWire counts your mobile carrier data (Edge, 3G, 46, 5G, LTE, CDMA, UMTS, GSM, GPRS, mobile hotspots) and shows you detailed usage statistics on GlassWire’s “Usage” screen, along with your WiFi data. See your mobile phone provider data for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, Virgin, Vodafone, Orange, EE, 3, Swisscom, Telia, Movistar, O2, and all others.
  • See data usage for different apps like Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pokemon Go, Netflix, Youtube, Instagram, Pandora, Spotify, Pinterest, Whatsapp, Skype, Kik, and any other apps you use.
Get GlassWire – Data Usage Privacy - Android Apps on Google Play
Alt GlassWire – Data Usage Privacy APKs - APKMirror

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks Spawn, I ticked yes, I own Pro, but I don't always have it in use on my PC.
I heard this was coming, but forgot all about it, so I am glad you posted this :)
I will download it now and give it a once over.
Very Cool share Spawn ;)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Damn...I got "your device is not compatible with this version".
BTW it is time to change my old phone :oops:

Naah! my friend, don't bother. Just stick with your old one and if possible even older like 3310 :whistle:

Upgrade already you slacker :p lol (joking)

Do not listen brother CG :D

Yeah, as many know i am the "that guy with that old brick 3310", yeeees! So i haven't tested it phone but Pc' i have and very informative and looks good, but there are better options...

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
Gotta give this a run, thanks! EDIT: nvm I don't like the permissions required.. apparently neither do the others on the Google Play Store...

Do you *really* need these (in bold)??!?!?!?????

Phone
  • read phone status and identity
Device ID & call information
Other
  • view network connections
  • run at startup

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Gotta give this a run, thanks! EDIT: nvm I don't like the permissions required.. apparently neither do the others on the Google Play Store...

Do you *really* need these (in bold)??!?!?!?????

Phone
Device ID & call information
Other
  • view network connections
  • run at startup
Your GlassWire data usage and app usage information never leaves your phone. We could not see or access your app usage even if we wanted to. Plus, we’re not an advertising or marketing company. We only make money through sales of premium versions of our software.
This is the information I wanted to hear, no real privacy issue it seems.

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
This is the information I wanted to hear, no real privacy issue it seems.

I'll pass... run at startup is lazy and unnecessary and the other permissions if not needed should not be there at all. Maybe they will improve it and I will try it out eventually/later

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.