Is this what they use to store license information, for example when you download an AV that skips the activation step?Putting the tracking info into installers is common practice.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Is this what they use to store license information, for example when you download an AV that skips the activation step?Putting the tracking info into installers is common practice.
That makes sense but I'm getting different hashes with the same browser, same machine, etc., depending on the day I've downloaded them.Possibly. In this case it is only browser info.
The ga_client_id is a variable. They use cookies to assign this value and append the data Struppigel displayed at the end of the installer. If you’ve cleared the cookies or if you are using anti-tracking software, it’s possible that the ga_client_id will change and from there, the whole hash will be different.That makes sense but I'm getting different hashes with the same browser, same machine, etc., depending on the day I've downloaded them.
forum.glasswire.com
Where did you see the UTM tag?They do utm tagging
I must have missed the UTM part of the tag.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes