Glynn's Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone, I use clonezilla because that is the only image backup software that i like. Windows 10 is very problematic to upgrade to because then most of the "fn keys" stop working and sound blaster cinema 1 also crashes after installing the new cinema win 10 drivers. I do have a clonezilla image backup of Windows 10 so i have tested it but too many issues.

Thank you to all that comment on my minimal setup.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You can try macrium reflect for backup software if you didn't try it before. It's pretty solid even in the free version that i use all the time.

Protection is minimal but if you are careful you will be fine i guess. Worse case scenario you have backups.

Maybe consider enabling the flag in chrome to run in appcontainer mode to offer some more protection. You can also install sumatra as a pdf reader and have that as default to use when you don't use your country's site. Flash player is fine because chrome has it disabled for all sites so you probably just enabled it on your revenew site.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I agree with colleagues on using a backup program, I'm using Macrium Reflect for free, and it's simple, but effective.
Thanks for sharing your settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl and AnonMan

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Just follow suggestions about backups, it is fundamental also in case of infection.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SHvFl

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You need to consider backing up your data preferably to an external drive also.
There are other good free system imaging backup programs as already stated above.
I edited your config to reflect the following:
Removed Zemana Antimalware Premium from your on demand scanners since you have it running in real time.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
I might consider adding a Free AV also or upgrading to Windows 10.
Secure config.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Glynn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2017
You need to consider backing up your data preferably to an external drive also.
There are other good free system imaging backup programs as already stated above.
I edited your config to reflect the following:
Removed Zemana Antimalware Premium from your on demand scanners since you have it running in real time.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
I might consider adding a Free AV also or upgrading to Windows 10.
Secure config.Thanks for sharing it with us :)
I use a bootable flash drive to do clonezilla backup's to an external drive, have been doing it for years, i did not see where to put that in the thread fields.:)
maybe for free av ill try bit defender free or avast, and for on demand ill check the other security config posts

Last edited:

Glynn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2017
added comodo firewall with cruelsister settings, also enabled appcontainer in chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.