Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2014
Hi all, new guy here xD. very good site btw

The problem i Have is in chrome, exactly with gpu stuff. i'm not expert in this so i will be the most clear as possible.
When scroll up or down in a Page, appear some white bars like this :

ghrpPi2.jpg

so, in the old chrome versions when the opction "GPU Compossing on all pages" was available, i just need to disable and thats all. but now this is not possible because that option is only on linux.

This not happen in firefox or IE but i dont like that browsers. what i need to do?

btw i have a laptop, amd c-60, radeon hd 6290.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

gonzalo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2014
360 browser was good too but yesterday you say is not safe to use :(

i will try another one

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

i will try another one
You could also try Opera, SRWare Iron or Superbird they all use updated Chromium engine.
I'm not sure if they have the same problem or not but its worth a try.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Sven
Upvote 0
I

illumination

I did not find it that big of a deal myself, as long as i was not tearing down the wall like a race car driver scrolling, i did not notice it even then... Only when i flicked the pad really fast was it really noticeable..

Reactions: Ink and Littlebits
Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011

i will try another one
If you are looking for really safe, Chromium based browser, then you should try WhiteHat Aviator:
Code:
https://www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/

Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Spark browser also to be considered...but watch carefully it's give you auto updates without permission.
rumors [ot]spyware[/ot]

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I did not find it that big of a deal myself, as long as i was not tearing down the wall like a race car driver scrolling, i did not notice it even then... Only when i flicked the pad really fast was it really noticeable..
This is hardly noticeable on my system, certainly not a reason to want to change browsers. I think of much better reasons to want to switch browsers.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
@gonzalo
I also had that same kind of problem, but that problem only appears on my old PC which doesn't have GPU (which I mean an intel HD on board old version) but on my stronger PC, I never face similar problem. Disable hardware acceleration might resolved the problem, but you will notice a bit slow down speed when loading a page (at least from my experience)

I have no idea, but what about hardware acceleration. What if it's unchecked?
View attachment 11768

Correct me if I wrong, but from what I know, that feature supposed to use GPU when rendering image/video (or load a page?) so it should make the browser load faster, it's almost useless if the computer doesn't have a good GPU like on board GPU :confused:

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

gonzalo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2014
finally find a temporally solution. just put this to the destiny line --disable-threaded-compositing in the chrome shortcut and no more rendering problems...for now lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.