Solved Google Chrome redirect (via omnibox and google website)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navidv

Thread author
Jul 21, 2017
Hi there,

I have the exact same issue as a previous member with the google address bar / and google website redirects to yahoo as well as certain additional spam links open. Currently the issue has only effected Chrome.

I ran the same steps as you kindly provided the previous user so the initial trojans have been removed but the problem still presists for me. AdwCleaner, Zemana, Hitman, Malawarebytes and Malawarebytes root kit removal found the most hits. I've reset Google as well and used the Google Cleanup tool.

When changing google's search engine to another provider - the google search via adress bar "works" as in it does not get redirected but it's not a functional search provider.

For a short period of time the problem seemed resolved but shortly after came back.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    86 KB · Views: 0
  • Addition.txt
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • malawarebytes-report.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AdwCleaner.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 0

Navidv

Thread author
Jul 21, 2017
Just to update, after uninstalling chrome and removing the sync setting - and reinstalling chrome fresh - the problem seems to be solved.

But thanks again for your help - could not have done it without the your replies to others ! Truly appreciate this forum and your help.

Take care and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.