Google Chrome - Updates Thread - Actually v24.0.1312.57

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The Chrome team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 24 to the stable channel.
Chrome 24.0.1312.52 has been updated for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame.

This is the first Stable release with support for MathML, thanks to WebKit volunteer Dave Barton.
This release also contains an update to Flash (11.5.31.137) as well as improvements in speed and stability.

You can find out more about Chrome 24 on the Official Chrome Blog and the Official Chromium Blog.

Source

Download

N

Nige_40

Thread author
RE: Google Chrome - Updates Thread - Actually v24

It's about time they are happy about Chrome after all the updates and fixes and so on.

Gee it been nearly 1 1/2 years before they got things right, and to have a stable version that they can work from!

Or will they. :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author

I think I will eat my own words.

Google Chrome have updated again!

It's now Google Chrome 25.0.1364.29 Dev > - This update contains additional stability fixes.

all I can say for that is nuts

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Looking forward to this in v25:

Two new features in Chrome 25 will help users run only the extensions they want to use:
Extensions installed by third party programs using external extension deployment options will be disabled by default.

Source : Direct Link

Meaning OkayFreedom and other software, ie. Avast. Extensions won't be enabled by default and could this drive more Devs to Publish via the Chrome Web Store.

pjU5o.png

PS: I have OkayFreedom disabled otherwise I can't access Outlook.com :(

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Earth said:
Looking forward to this in v25:

Two new features in Chrome 25 will help users run only the extensions they want to use:
Extensions installed by third party programs using external extension deployment options will be disabled by default.

Source : Direct Link

Meaning OkayFreedom and other software, ie. Avast. Extensions won't be enabled by default and could this drive more Devs to Publish via the Chrome Web Store.
And it was time to do something about this,maybe Google can clear all the adware from their browser....... I really hope that add-ons like Babylon,Yontooo and other similar extension (which change your homepage,change your default search engine and other unwanted stuff like that) will be disabled.
Seriously, who wants to have their search engine or homepage changed by a software???
In addition the new versions of Chrome will also show you what extensions are interacting with a web page... so that 's also nice! :)

PS. Using Google Dev. So I have seen a sneak preview.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Jack said:
PS. Using Google Dev. So I have seen a sneak preview.

it works fine?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

The Stable channel has been updated to 24.0.1312.57 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome Frame. This build contains the following fixes:

- Mac: r177690 Fix renderer crashes when using certain IMEs. (Issue 152566)
- Mac: r178517 Fix microphone input dropout with Pepper Flash. (Issue 168859)
- Chrome Frame: r178591 Fix renderer exiting in certain cases when opening a new Window from Chrome Frame. (Issue 171877)

Full details about what changes are in this build are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone having issues where Chrome does not 'Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 mode'?

Version 24.0.1312.57 m

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Earth said:
Anyone having issues where Chrome does not 'Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 mode'?

Version 24.0.1312.57 m

For me it works in both mode, try to totally uninstall (all files, registry keys and folders in "program files", "program data" and "users") and reinstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.