Google Fined $2.7 Billion in E.U. Antitrust Ruling

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Google suffered a major regulatory blow on Tuesday after European antitrust officials fined the search giant 2.4 billion euros, or $2.7 billion, for unfairly favoring some of its own search services over those of rivals.

The hefty fine marks the latest chapter in a lengthy standoff between Europe and Google, which also faces two separate charges under the region’s competition rules related to Android, its popular mobile software, and to some of its advertising products. Google denies the accusations.

By levying the fine — the biggest ever in this type of antitrust case — Margrethe Vestager, Europe’s antitrust chief, has laid down a marker as arguably the Western world’s most aggressive regulator of digital services from the likes of Google and Facebook.

Last edited:

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
google can take it out of sundar pichai's paycheck.

his paycheck is $200 million, google should make him work for free till the losses are made up for.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
google can take it out of sundar pichai's paycheck.

his paycheck is $200 million, google should make him work for free till the losses are made up for.
in that case google will have to first give him all profit earned under him

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
@ispx you want to say google did not earn any profit under him

i never said that now did i?

you mentioned " profits " & i asked you to elaborate which obviously you are unable to so i will let it pass.

@ispx you know better than the google whom to hire

again i never claimed that either so please stop assuming.

you can quote me word for word but quote me for what i said & not for what you think i implied which actually i never did.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.