Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Just got a surprising notice from YouTube:

Hi cruelsister1,​
We wanted to let you know our team reviewed your content, and we think it violates our hate speech policy. We know you may not have realized this was a violation of our policies, so we're not applying a strike to your channel. However, we have removed the following content from YouTube:​
We realize this may be disappointing news, but it's our job to make sure that YouTube is a safe place for all. If you think we've made a mistake, you can appeal this decision - you'll find more details below.​

What our policy says​

Content glorifying or inciting violence against another person or group of people is not allowed on YouTube. We also don't allow any content that encourages hatred of another person or group of people based on their membership in a protected group. In June 2019, we announced updates to this policy. We understand you uploaded your content before our policy updates, so we’re not applying a strike to your channel.

Guess I am a nasty person after all.​

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018

Hi cruelsister1,​
We wanted to let you know our team reviewed your content, and we think it violates our hate speech policy. We know you may not have realized this was a violation of our policies, so we're not applying a strike to your channel. However, we have removed the following content from YouTube:​
We realize this may be disappointing news, but it's our job to make sure that YouTube is a safe place for all. If you think we've made a mistake, you can appeal this decision - you'll find more details below.​

What our policy says​

Content glorifying or inciting violence against another person or group of people is not allowed on YouTube. We also don't allow any content that encourages hatred of another person or group of people based on their membership in a protected group. In June 2019, we announced updates to this policy. We understand you uploaded your content before our policy updates, so we’re not applying a strike to your channel.

What youtube did doesnt make any sense neither your content has anything to do with violence or hate! what the hell, i think maybe was applyied an autonomous algorithm and maybe has to be revised yet.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
These things happen due to the ai algorithm and otherwise to the automation of a report from ad trolls, companies etc... Most common among users that make money using YouTube. You can appeal to it, though.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
This video was about 4 years old and had less than a thousand views, so it was both surprising and initially humorous when I opened the email from Google.

I say initially humorous, but on refection it is very sad. When in the past I viewed some Dystopian SciFi movie, I though it was just fantasy. Now I have come to realize that we are living in one (too Bad, so Sad...).

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
These things happen due to the ai algorithm and otherwise to the automation of a report from ad trolls, companies etc... Most common among users that make money using YouTube. You can appeal to it, though.
True :) but its not really AI i think , its about machine learning algorithms. AI is about mostly Deep learning ;)

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Fill an appeal and fight back. I suppose Acronis complained in a way or another about the video (i remember the outcome of the review was not good for Acronis) and Google came up with this bs.

Reactions: Nevi and show-Zi

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012

Hi cruelsister1,​

What our policy says​

Because your content is really cruel, sister. :D

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Google Notifications
We came to hate you. I tried to understand your preferences, but I'm done. Whatever you do, we no longer track you.

It's our victory.!!!!(y) (y) (y)
......It's fiction.🥴

• HaHa
Reactions: Nevi and plat

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
This video was about 4 years old and had less than a thousand views, so it was both surprising and initially humorous when I opened the email from Google.

I say initially humorous, but on refection it is very sad. When in the past I viewed some Dystopian SciFi movie, I though it was just fantasy. Now I have come to realize that we are living in one (too Bad, so Sad...).
Goodbye educational content on YouTube
We already lost free speech but recently educational content from everywhere on YouTube

Reactions: dinosaur07 and Nevi

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
It's clearly hate speech. Just examine the title...

Acronis AntiRansomware version 1

What's up with the Anti-Ransomware attitude? We're all about love. Not Anti-this, and Anti-that.

If I had to guess, I would say that REvil reported you. And with good cause.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Using that interpretation of their rules, every single AV or software test can be classified as offensive to someone.

I'm offended by Google. They hurt my feelings by taking down some YouTube videos I enjoyed watching. Google should go away.

Reactions: mlnevese

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.