Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Google officially unveiled the Nexus 7 tablet at the Google I/O Developer Conference in San Francisco. Manufactured by ASUS, this is Google's first take on a tablet of their own brand.

gsmarena_005.jpg

As the name suggests, the Google Nexus 7 features a 7" IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels. The tablet is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 chip with 1GB of RAM and 12 core ultra-low voltage nVidia GeForce GPU.

And despite the capable hardware, Google managed to keep the price of the Nexus 7 impressively low. The slate will come in 8GB and 16GB flavors, which will retail for $199 and $249 respectively.

The Google Nexus 7 comes with Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and NFC connectivity and Google Wallet preinstalled. Sadly, there isn’t a 3G model available, but obviously keeping the price as low as possible was key here. That's also the reason there isn't a camera at the back, and only a 1.2MP front-facing snapper. However, it's capable of shooting 720p video, so it's not all bad.

Measuring 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm, the 7-incher weighs in at 340 grams which is respectful for its size. The Amazon Kindle Fire and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 will be having a hard time, indeed.

Here's the promo video of the Google Nexus 7.

The Google Nexus 7 is available for pre-order right now in the United States, Canada, Australia and the UK and will start shipping mid-July. An 8GB version will cost $199, and $249 for the 16GB model.

These awesome specs and price, but I can't imagine its build quality and how breakable is it, I guess you should care for the Google Nexus 7 more than this thing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.