Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Home page : https://plus.google.com/

Yahoo! said:
Google Inc. has opened up its Google Plus social network to everyone after testing it with a limited audience for 12 weeks.

Google said in a blog post Tuesday that it will now let anyone sign up for Google Plus. Previously the service was only available by invitation, though it got easier to join in recent weeks.

The company also added a search capability to Google Plus that will let users sift through posts on the site.

Google Plus is the online search leader's attempt to compete with Facebook, by far the world's most populous online social network with more than 750 million users. Tuesday's upgrades come two days ahead of Facebook's f8 conference in San Francisco, where the company is expected to unveil several new features.

via Yahoo!News

Last edited:

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
The term "everyone" is incorrect: http://igl-security.blogspot.com/2011/09/google-plus-open-to-everyonenot-really.html

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I voted no. I am not this kind of person with social network.

The more people join the more people will get infected (sooner or later) because malware writter want their creation to infect as many as possible. Social networks fulfills the conditions with a problem.

D

Deleted member 178

I will try it, want to see the pros and cons compared to Facebook.

Lindows

Aug 19, 2011
This explains all............

2jfhzdx.gif

I using Google+ and its is something different, May be people will ditch Facebook.........

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i already register it with my personal info (real name).
probably i'll register as winsevenholic also.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Registered too, but I must say its too early to judge since its a new social network so let's say not so many users were registered.

As the majority were users used Facebook all time.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ibrad said:
The term "everyone" is incorrect.
The worst part is that their is no way to change your age ...If you made a mistake when registering than ....that's it. :)
I for one won't be joining or using Google+ , mostly because I don't like this social networks and as second reason because most of my friends are still using Facebook.
Google still needs to come up with some articles on how Facebook 'is bad',to get the people away from FB.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems I need to learn more in Google+. Probably when more years to come, Google+ and Facebook users may equalized.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Seems I need to learn more in Google+. Probably when more years to come, Google+ and Facebook users may equalized.
Yes , you might be right......but I've notice that Facebook is also updating very frequently their site. The main advantage that Google+ has are the extra features and the simple fact that is 'fresh'. Facebook had some privacy problems and the old scam/survey attacks but it has one strong point : everyone is on facebook ( at least for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.