Google Pixel 4a, Pixel 5, Pixel 5s (2020)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So far, evidence has pointed to bramble using the Snapdragon 765G chip, which is of course equipped for 5G networking. That would mean that this “Pixel 4a (5G)” and the Pixel 5 — which could very well launch side by side this fall — will run on the same main hardware.

But how will Google differentiate these two seemingly very similar devices? The most obvious ways they could do this are through cost and build quality differences. By using “cheaper” materials like plastic on the Pixel 4a (5G) and more “premium” materials like glass and aluminum on the Pixel 5, the two could look and feel obviously different.

Outside of that, Google may differentiate the two devices based on their other specs and features.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Leaks for Google's Pixel 4a go back as far as last December, and it makes sense, given that the device was supposed to launch at Google's I/O conference in May. There was just one problem though. Google I/O 2020 ended up being canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ever since then, it seemed like the Pixel 4a just kept getting pushed back. But now, there's a firm date, as Google teased on its own store today. The device will be announced on August 3, as was previously rumored.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
With a rumored $349 price, OLED screen, Google’s great camera, and a good-enough processor, the upcoming Pixel 4A sounds like it’ll be a tough deal to beat for those who don’t need a premium phone. And it looks like the phone will finally be launching on August 3rd.

Google has officially confirmed that a new Pixel phone is coming this Monday, and while there’s a slight possibility it could be a different phone, Google itself had also leaked a picture of a phone last month that matches up with everything else we’d heard. Now, more renders of the phone have been leaked that appear to confirm a lot of the earlier rumors. Ishan Agarwal posted an image of the phone similar to ones we’ve seen previously and apparent confirmation of the phone’s specs.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Copy of the new iPhone? lol i mean about the camera
Re-used Pixel 4 design. Pixel 4 was not released Worldwide because of Soli.
I really was getting fed up of waiting for Pixel 4a and was nearly buying iPhone SE 2020. Google loves to play tricks, Now I have to wait if pixel 4a 5G is too expensive than iPhone SE 2020? Otherwise I'll choose Pixel 4a w/ 4G. X52 modem is much better than X15 modem. Support Gb LTE and also 5G. I don't have 4G in my region but X52 will be much better for superior 4G signal and efficiency.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 85179

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OFFICIAL BLOG - New Pixels—and new prices—are here

This year, Pixel 4a—which launches this month—and the first 5G-enabled Pixels, Pixel 4a (5G) and Pixel 5 coming this fall [..]

Pixel 4a (5G) and Pixel 5 will be available in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Japan, Taiwan and Australia.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In practical, real-life, anecdotal terms, none of us that's used a Snapdragon 765G-powered phone has ever felt like it was "slow." You don't need the latest, greatest, highest-end chipset to check your email, send off some Tweets, or fire up Spotify. Most of our workloads are either instantaneous bursts, like launching apps, or multi-threaded operations with apps doing stuff in the background, like the Play Store doing its damndest to bring your phone to its knees as it updates apps while you're scrolling in Instagram. And in all cases, things never felt slow or bogged down.

Usually, Qualcomm's lower-end chipsets have significantly diminished graphical performance, and that's still true here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.