Google Safe Browsing goes after repeat offenders

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Google has had enough of sites that repeatedly endanger end users, either through malware, unwanted software, phishing or other social engineering and deceptive tactics.

hbMhhva.jpg

“Over time, we’ve observed that a small number of websites will cease harming users for long enough to have [Google Safe Browsing] warnings removed, and will then revert to harmful activity,” Brooke Heinichen, of the Safe Browsing Team, explained.

Once Safe Browsing determines that a site is a “Repeat Offender,” its webmaster will have to endure the classification and alert for 30 days at least, as he or she won’t be able to request a review of it via the Search Console.

They will be notified about it, though, via the email address they registered on the Search Console.

Heinichen also reassured site admins that they won’t land on the list if their site is hacked, but they likely will if their sites are repeatedly hacked and modified.

Full Article. Google Safe Browsing goes after repeat offenders - Help Net Security

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I think it is a little bit anoying that google has to determine what sites we can visit,i am perfectly capable to figure that out on my owno_O
Are you sure?

You wrote in your profile "my hobbies are pc and audio. I am still a newbie but i am learning"

It's important to understand our strengths and weaknesses so that we can recognise when we might need help. In this case, it's google's help.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@carsten ibsen : At least Google have care to each users against unwanted sites, remember that those tools will protect you no matter what circumstances.

You will thank to them once you struck in unusual scenario again.

Reactions: Ink and frogboy

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It's a bit like HSBC fraud detection service, yes it can block a legit transaction, but wouldn't you rather have that, than a ruined computer?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.