Google voice search tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
Hello

I decided to make this thread when I checked in my Google account and Sign in - Google Accounts the presence of voice tracks logged when I touched the microphone icon in the Google search box on my smartphone.

It's no secret that Google remembers everything what each user types in the search box; perhaps less known is that when using Google voice search for how to do it often with mobile phones, Google records the voice and preserves It.

The purpose of this registration is not the surveillance (?) but the refinement of speech recognition, which improves as you increase the number of voice samples. But it's still impressive to see how many of our voice tracks were recorded by Google.

Luckily you can delete all these recordings going to "Deleting Options" and you can tell Google to anonymize collecting these audio clips (following this Sign in - Google Accounts and choosing disable commands and voice search): you get the confirmation prompt explaining that "this setting does not affect the storage of information by Google products (such as Voice) that could be used to store your audio or voice input. Google may also continue to collect and store audio data in anonymous form. "
But at this point one question: what does the other providers of voice search, like Siri Apple and MS Cortana? There are suspicions that Siri and Cortana retain records and then maybe it would be better not to use the voice search for privacy reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.