DR. GREG THAMBO said:FROM: DR. GREG THAMBO
EMAIL: <email censored for MT>
<Adress censored for MT>
My name is DR. GREG THAMBO; I am a senior government official in the department of works and housing of the Republic of South Africa and the chairman of the board in charge of the award, execution and supervision of all contracts in the Ministry of works and Housing. In 2007, I personally monitored and supervised the award of contracts for the supply of building materials and construction of ultra modern shopping complexes and medium / low cost housing units in the Eastern Cape, North and Eastern areas of the Natal province.
Myself and two of my colleagues, serving in the board, deliberately inflated and over invoiced the contract sum, leaving an excess of US$80,500,000.00 (Eighty million five hundred thousand United States dollars). At the completion of the contract, the real contract sum was paid to the original contractors, leaving the excess, which we reported to the federal Government that it belonged to the sub-contractor that handled part of the original contract. But the company we submitted as the beneficiary was a non-existing foreign company, which was a purported attempt by us to divert the money for our private use. I do not intend to mince words with you, I have to tell you the truth; this is a deal but it is 100% risk-free and genuine because the contract has been perfectly and genuinely executed and completed. It depends on whether you are interested or not.
Right now this amount is due for payment and is floating in the treasury not attached to anyone/company. We are only three people who know the origin of this fund. But we cannot claim it by ourselves because we are civil servants therefore we are looking for a trustworthy foreign company / individual whose name we can use to claim the money.
This is strictly a business deal, but it is 100% risk-free and secure because we will use our official positions to source all the necessary approvals to reflect that You/your Company genuinely executed and completed the contract. All necessary arrangements have been put in place in all the relevant departments for immediate approval of this payment.
For your co-operation, we have agreed to offer you 25 % of the entire amount on conclusion of the transaction while 75% will be for us. Please if you are interested in this proposal, I want you to respond immediately for further information and directives by using this Email Address: <email censored for MT>
This transaction is expected to be completed within 14 working days and is highly confidential and discreet.
Thank you for your co-operation. Your urgent reply is awaited.
DR. GREG THAMBO
1) I am not a CEO I am a teenager.
2) I live in America why would I care about anything that happens in South Africa unless it was a natural disaster.
3) Why would I care about something that happened five years ago.
4) Why would you have an excess of over 80 Million dollars.
5) Wouldn't it be right if you were in South Africa to put the currency in South African Rands?
6) And why spell the amount out, do you think I'm stupid?
7) I have no idea what purported means but I know something in that statement was illegal.
8) 100% risk-free more like 100% risky.
9) "floating in treasury" I thought you said you had it for private use.
10) "company / individual whose name we can use to claim the money." hey wait you want my name?
11) "we have agreed to offer you 25 % of the entire amount" Hold it I want more
Want to know the irony?
I watched Malware Geek's video www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-xCaHjZdBGw earlier TODAY!!!
Edited: Changed the title from 419 scam to scam.