Solved Graphic Card " code 43" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ok,

seems that the graphic card of my laptop failed.

my system can't detect my card, and im now on VGAsave low resolution,

the error code is 43 , when i boot i have a graphic artifacts on the screen until the log on screen appeared, then i have red vertical lines permanently.

i restore my system to the last backup , nothing changes, so it is not a driver issue, when i open the Nvidia center , it said that my display is not connected to any Nvidia adapter.

i posted some screens

any ideas to fix it?

p.s: i have no tools to open the laptop, i want try a software fix before send it to repair shop.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,020

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I have seen weirdness like this before. where they just suddenly stop working correctly for what seems like no reason.
I figure it must just be the gremlins in there getting bored. :)

Just a tip.
Code 43 Error occur normally because conflicts between generic and existing drivers.
It's very important to remove your drivers in a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and start-up problems.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i did a proper uninstallation and a clean installation (Nvidia offer you that option) of the latest drivers, but what worry me is the disturbance during the boot.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i think it is more due to heat (im in Vietnam, 30°C average) and the the constant use of my laptop.
Is that the temperature in your house or the outside temperature? In my city in saudi outside is 45 degrees celsius. :p

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ok now i am sure it is a hardware issue, i did a reinstall of Win7 from scratch, the problem was still there. Now i can guess 2 reasons:

1- some disconnection somewhere
2- the card is damaged (RAM, etc..)

i heavily think , the second option.

my laptop will have a ride to the near repair shop soon.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ok,

so i uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the latest drivers, formated, reinstalled Win7, then nothing changed, it confirmed what i suspected : an hardware issue; then today a friend, also computer-repairman but more hardware-oriented than me, told me that the cable connecting my Graphic Card to the motherboard is damaged ... :( luckily not the card itself

Topic closed.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
20-40$, he can't tell yet , since he must check the model of my laptop then the shipping, i am in Vietnam :D

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ok the repair shop guy said it is the Graphic card's chipset that failed.will be fixed in 2 days.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.