Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie

Thread author
Aug 31, 2013
Hello out there! I just joined up after finding this group while googling my current dilemma. Thank you in advance for any guidance you might share. Also looking forward to configuring a more secure environment.

My entire performance suffers erratically. It seems to come and go with the wind. So far, when I look at the process list during such a storm, I find several memory gobbling instances of iexplore.exe. I tried switching to Chrome and saw some of the same - multiple instances of chrome in the process list. So far firefox does not seem to be affected, but it might be too soon to tell for sure.

I use MS windows 7 and have tried several free malware removal offerings, including Norton eraser, all without long term success.

Again, many thanks in advance for any guidance you might offer.

dougie

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty sure thats normal for chrome and ie as they basically split up everything, extensions, tabs as their own processes, firefox doesnt split them like the others which is why you dont notice it with firefox

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
B9gxnIS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.