Advice Request Gridinsoft Anti-Ransomware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I guess AppCheck and Kaspersky's Anti-Ransomware tool are still the best options to go?
Neither, just follow these tips and you should be fine:
  • Never open random email attachments or links, especially those who have a sense of urgency and that has an document attached which wants you to enable editing/macros
  • Never use cracked/pirated/torrented software
  • Enable File Name Extension in file explorer to avoid malware with fake extensions.
  • Use some sort of cloud backup service, or as simple as copying your data to an USB device.

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Neither, backups and some common sense is all you need:
  • Never open random email attachments or links, especially those who have a sense of urgency and that has an document attached which wants you to enable editing/macros
  • Never use cracked/pirated/torrented software
  • Enable File Name Extension in file explorer to avoid malware with fake extensions.
  • Use some sort of cloud backup service, or as simple as copying your data to an USB device.
Definitely true, but I'd like to know which Anti Ransomware software provides the best protection nowadays. Just out of curiosity. :)

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
-1- Since RansomOff is not currently available.
-2- This solution is supported by CryptoStopper
-3-You can rely on this program. It's really good at TEMASOFT Ranstop
Free only for personal use.
1598605057863.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I really don't mean to criticize every\thing, but ZA anti-ransomware is very poor. You may notice that it is heavily reliant on the use of honeypot files to detect ransomware activity, but even here it is poorly done and can be easily overwhelmed by fast encryptors. It's actually hard to find ransomware for which it is effective.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I really don't mean to criticize every\thing, but ZA anti-ransomware is very poor. You may notice that it is heavily reliant on the use of honeypot files to detect ransomware activity, but even here it is poorly done and can be easily overwhelmed by fast encryptors. It's actually hard to find ransomware for which it is effective.
In my testing it wants you to decrypt files even though no files have been encrypted, it even says 0 files affected, and when an ransomware did encrypt everything, it simply was stuck trying to restore my files, only able to restore a couple, funnily enough both of which were some of my ransomware samples, its poor indeed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.