Guide | How To Guide: How to enable the CCleaner /AUTO parameter.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
oWoEx.png

Normally when you want to run a clean of your computer using CCleaner the user would have to click on a shortcut to open the interface of CCleaner, click Run Cleaner, wait then exit the program manually.

What if you could skip all this and make CCleaner do this automatically with just 2 clicks?
Well you can... here's my guide on how to do so.

1. Right click on your desktop go to New > Shortcut.

sJ1mk.png

2. Copy and paste this line into the input "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO (Include quotes " ")

okDL7.png

3. Click next and name your shortcut to your choice.

ptdAU.png

4. Now you can double click on this shortcut and CCleaner will perform the cleaning silently in the background. No program window will be visible, no user interaction needed such as closing the program afterwards, It will all be done Automatically.

And that's all.
If you know how to add a startup item to your computer you can also use this shortcut method to perform an autoclean at startup. The parameter of /AUTO can also be used in Windows Scheduler.

Hope this helps. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the tip. Although the other commands can be seen in the About section of CCleaner.

See attachment:
[attachment=532]

Code:
/AUTO
/AUTO /SHUTDOWN

Attachments

• CC_Auto.png
    CC_Auto.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 654

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I frequently saw this parameters in about section of Ccleaner. However from the steps by MrXidus its useful.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Good guide (+REP) ... I won't use it though I've got used to select "Run Ccleaner" from my Recycle Bin shortcut :p
[attachment=536]

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 619

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Am I correct in saying using the /AUTO parameter would require zero clicks (or 1 for UAC)?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.