Guru Smandaka Configuration

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

i don't think Kompas is needed when you have EAM + Zemana Premium; also you should use a VM if you play with Malwares.

Reactions: Mihir :-)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Very Solid Configuration.
Might want to add in VM since I believe you're also playing with Malwares too right?
Thanks for sharing. :)

Guru Smandaka

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2015
Very Solid Configuration.
Might want to add in VM since I believe you're also playing with Malwares too right?

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

i don't think Kompas is needed when you have EAM + Zemana Premium; also you should use a VM if you play with Malwares.

thanks.. but I only sometime for download sample

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Okay, I will to disable autorun for KompasAV then

thanks for your advice

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Approved by Staff

OP does have shadow defender listed, so I assume shadow moded is used when malware is tested?

Reactions: Guru Smandaka

Guru Smandaka

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2015
OP does have shadow defender listed, so I assume shadow moded is used when malware is tested?

I use shadow defender for try a software, not for test the malware so far.

So, Should I use Shadow Defender for test malware?

Other than some virtualization software it looks good to me. ;)

maybe shadow defender is enough?

Reactions: frogboy
L

LabZero

Shadow Defender creates a low level "virtual copy" of Windows system ensuring that interventions applied are recorded in a designated "safe mode".

SD can be used to test malware but we consider that a VM offers the best protection because it creates a guest system without any personal information that would be present on the real system.

If you use SD for malware experiments you have to disconnect the internet to prevent personal data's steal (virtualized but still resident on disk).

M

Mihir :-)

Nice configuration.Just two suggestion is that use a password manager and set UAC(User Account Control)at least default.

Reactions: Guru Smandaka

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great config in terms of real-time scanners, also Shadow Defender is a very versatile piece of software.

If you ever want to test malware, I recommend you do so in a virtual machine. A free and open-source high-end virtual machine deployment and management application is VirtualBox.

Also, you may want to have some sort of system imaging software for creating full backups of your system. System images allow you to create a backup of a specific state of your system, so that you can use them to restore that exact state in the case of malware infection or other software malfunction. I recommend Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition for this purpose.

Other than that, you're good to go. Thanks for sharing your config with us!

Guru Smandaka

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2015
Shadow Defender creates a low level "virtual copy" of Windows system ensuring that interventions applied are recorded in a designated "safe mode".

SD can be used to test malware but we consider that a VM offers the best protection because it creates a guest system without any personal information that would be present on the real system.

If you use SD for malware experiments you have to disconnect the internet to prevent personal data's steal (virtualized but still resident on disk).

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Great config in terms of real-time scanners, also Shadow Defender is a very versatile piece of software.

If you ever want to test malware, I recommend you do so in a virtual machine. A free and open-source high-end virtual machine deployment and management application is VirtualBox.

Also, you may want to have some sort of system imaging software for creating full backups of your system. System images allow you to create a backup of a specific state of your system, so that you can use them to restore that exact state in the case of malware infection or other software malfunction. I recommend Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition for this purpose.

Other than that, you're good to go. Thanks for sharing your config with us!

AOEMEI Backupper Professional is not good for it purpose?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.