Battle GWX Control Panel vs. Never10

A

Alkajak

Thread author
As far as functionality goes, does one guarantee upgrade prevention than the other? Do they both alter the same policies and registries? The only difference I can see is Never10's ease of use. GWX has more features/buttons.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
GWX Control Panel has a lot more options, but Never10 is 100% easier to use for any type of user.

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Never10 is for sure the easier programm but gwx has alot more to offer. But anyway, soon u dont need programms like this because windows will not be free anymore and i am sure the popups will go away with this.

N

Noxx

Thread author
^ Oh, I think you underestimate M$. Eventually you'll have "Oh hai, for only $100 you can upgrade to W10. Dw, we've already pre-downloaded all the files onto your hard drive, so once the check clears, you'll be able to enjoy that Windows 10 goodness!!".

DISCLAIMER: I LOVE WINDOWS 10! But it's nevertheless something M$ would do! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smith83

Thread author
There are a lot more updates that come along with the GWX update, here I wrote a guide to remove the trash from your machine and keep it from bothering you.

Searching for the items below with the everything search engine and deleting with unlocker or FRST are also suggested...

Telemetry
Application Experience
Customer Experience

This tool is also helpful, portable and effective....

Reactions: frogboy and Alkajak

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.