h00lks Configuration

L

LabZero

I have the same opinion : enable UAC is very important because it manages the permissions of individual users of the computer to prevent unauthorized execution of malicious software or data corruption or system components.
Very good hardware config.:)

h00lks

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
I have the same opinion : enable UAC is very important because it manages the permissions of individual users of the computer to prevent unauthorized execution of malicious software or data corruption or system components.
Very good hardware config.:)
tnks
i have some problems with the Md but at all it's verry good setup

Reactions: LabZero

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've just now grasped it, h00lks sounds like Hulk's!:D

I agree with @frogboy & @Klipsh about UAC, as well as the common expression connected with chicken soup, "It couldn't hurt.."!:) UAC will, in fact, help you a great deal!;)

To increase your privacy in Chrome:
  1. Under "Settings" scroll to the bottom & choose "Advanced Settings"
  2. Go to privacy, and select "Cookies".
  3. Check the box "Block 3rd party cookies..", & mark the circle "Keep user data only until end of session".
  4. I would deactivate Chrome's password manager in favor of the LastPass extension. It's military grade encryption security will relieve password related stress.:p www.lastpass.com
Lastly, I shall echo @scot. Thank you for sharing with us!:):)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks Good!! Thanks for sharing your config :)
Like others have said enable UAC
Consider a couple more on demand scanners
I would add extensions such as HTTPS Everywhere & uBlock to Chrome and maybe consider a 2nd browser
I would also consider CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed

H

hjlbx

Just a suggestion ... if you are deadest on using flash consider adding MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit.

Alternatively, you can probably get away with disabling flash for a while when a new flash security advisory is issued by Adobde. Simply wait for Adobe to issue a fix, update and then re-enable flash plugin.

I think there is a way to enable flash for websites the user rates as seure, but I haven't bothered to figure that one out yet. I'm sure another MT member knows how to accomplish this.

h00lks

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Just a suggestion ... if you are deadest on using flash consider adding MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit.

Alternatively, you can probably get away with disabling flash for a while when a new flash security advisory is issued by Adobde. Simply wait for Adobe to issue a fix, update and then re-enable flash plugin.

I think there is a way to enable flash for websites the user rates as seure, but I haven't bothered to figure that one out yet. I'm sure another MT member knows how to accomplish this.
i just done with the config tnks.!!! :p:p:p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.