Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
NEW DELHI. Even as gunfire continues to be traded across the Indo-Pak border, a full-blown hacking and defacement war has erupted in cyberspace. On Thursday, over a dozen Indian and Pakistani websites were defaced by hackers from either side of the fence.

The website of the Press Club of India (PCI) in the capital was hacked and defaced, with the hackers' message on the website's home page claiming Pakistani origin.

A hacker group calling itself "Indian Hackers Online Squad" hacked and defaced the website of the Pakistan's main opposition party, Pakistan People's Party (PPP), www.ppp.org.pk on Wednesday, with one "Bl@k Dr@gon" claiming credit. On Thursday, the Pakistan railways website was hacked as well, the second time this year, with the same name appearing on the defaced page.

Responding to a Wednesday attack on Malayalam films actor Mohanlal's website, a group called "The Mallu soldiers" defaced the website of Pakistan's National University of Modern Languages. The websites of Quaid-e-Azam Public College in Gujranwala (http://qpc.edu.pk/), Pakistan Electric Power Company (Private) Limited (www.pepco.gov.pk) and National Manpower Bureau (www.nmb.com.pk) were also among the sites hacked by anonymous Indian hackers.

The "about me" page of singer Sonu Nigam's official website and teammodi.in were also defaced by a group claiming to be "Pakistan Cyber Attackers". Two Punjab news websites were also reported to have been hacked.

Reactions: souhrid

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Ouch!!:oops::( Lawlessness such as this makes me want to cleanse myself in the Ganges ...way, way, ..waaay upstream!:p

Last edited:

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Interesting.
It's basically a cyber war now.
I wonder how big these groups are, they are hacking each other pretty fast and I wonder how good the security is on some of these websites.

Reactions: Venustus

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Pakistan started breaching border peace and kind of war started between India and Pakistan.

India also started counter firing now Pakistan is praying India to stop firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.