Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hadouken - http://www.hdkn.net

Hadouken is a headless BitTorrent client for Windows. It is written in C# and is designed to run as a Windows Service managed through a built-in web interface.

Hadouken 2.2.0 released
http://www.hdkn.net/blog/2014/05/hadouken-220

Release notes

The web plugin is no longer supported and should be uninstalled if upgrading from an older version.

It's been a while, but here's the next version of Hadouken. It brings all UI related stuff together and also removes the need for authentication when connecting from the local computer.

The torrents plugin has also been updated to the new manifest version in this release.

Changelog
  • Manifest v2 added which enables awesomer plugins.
  • All views are now Razor based.
  • An internal SignalR server provides a pub/sub model for real-time events!
  • Added some new core JSONRPC services for installing and uninstalling plugins.
  • Moved all UI related stuff to the management site, no more web plugin :(
  • Fixed an exception when uninstalling plugins in the Error state.
  • Lots of other small bug fixes and enhancements in the UI.
Download
http://www.hdkn.net/download

Initial post updated to reflect product changes.

Last edited:

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
RE: Hadouken - Lightweight BitTorrent client

Have you tried this? any benefits over other clients ex. uTorrent another lightweight client?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I haven't, I don't use remote management for Torrent clients (ie. WebUI). Just sharing for those who do.

pardeep

Level 1
Verified
Feb 20, 2013

Vuze is also lightweight client

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011

pardeep said:
Vuze is also lightweight client

0.o seriously? i know this is a bloated torrent client it has many features,i even dumped utorrent i'm with qbitorrent client now :D anyone tried hadouken?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Hadouken - WebUI BitTorrent client

Changed the Title to avoid confusion with desktop clients.

And Vuze is a bloated, but happy-bloated.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

I could even get it to install, just kept giving me errors.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Judging by the name, the developers really liked the Street Fighter game :D

viktor

Mar 15, 2013

Littlebits said:

Hi, I'm the author of Hadouken.

What kind of error did you get? I've been having a few problems with the installation package, however these last few days have been good and I will release version 1.2.5 soon which will fix most problems.

Anyways, I'm glad you tried it out even if it didn't work the first time. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

viktor said:
Littlebits said:

Hi, I'm the author of Hadouken.

What kind of error did you get? I've been having a few problems with the installation package, however these last few days have been good and I will release version 1.2.5 soon which will fix most problems.

Anyways, I'm glad you tried it out even if it didn't work the first time. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

image003n.png

I hope this helps you, I have rebooted several times and tried to install again and get the same error on Windows 7 x64.

More about my system on signature (My Config).

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Hi, I'm a bit confused. Can this be used without a current desktop torrent client?

Or is Hadouken "the" torrent client?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Earth said:
Hi, I'm a bit confused. Can this be used without a current desktop torrent client?

Or is Hadouken "the" torrent client?

Earth it runs within your browser as a Windows Service. It turns your browser into a torrent client.

If you can get it to work, it would not work for me, but is a good idea.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Thanks, I understand now, although there's not much documentation for the product. I'm unable to install successfully, but I see a new Installer is in the works, I shall wait till then.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source : Version 1.2.5.4000 now released!

Download

Finally I’ve made the latest version of Hadouken available for download. It contains a lot of bug fixes in the installer as well as in the main application.

Most notably for the installer is that now you must provide the username for the Windows Service in the form COMPUTERNAME\Account.

I’ve also removed the web interface configuration from the installer. The default username and password is hdkn/hdkn.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Blog Post : Version 1.3.3 released

Download

I’ve just released version 1.3.3 (it’s been cooking for a while but just now published). It contains a few bug fixes and other enhancements. One of the big features in this release is the removal of the service account setup during installation. The service will now install itself as Local System.

This means that I can remove a few things from the installer, namely the netsh stuff that caused problems on lots of machines :)

The default username/password for the web interface is still hdkn/hdkn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.