Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I was browsing through softpedia a few minutes ago and I came across a program called HanAVI Antivirus. I've never heard of it and if I google it, there is not that much information to find about.
According to this screenshot, it uses two engines, which I guess are inhouse at first sight, but I'm not sure.
Does anybody has ever used this software or knows something more about it (engines, effectiveness etc.) ?

Softpedia link: HanAVI Antivirus Download

Reactions: Andrew999

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Only 9 people like their page on Facebook, and the page is in Indonesian not even English! :rolleyes:

There are Indonesian members on MT, maybe they can tell us more about it.

Reactions: LabZero and kev216
L

LabZero

Months ago I tested Smadav, Indonesian antivirus.
Good reviews on the Web but in my little test it has not working fine
It seems that these products are effective mainly towards malware present in the specific geographical area and the database contains signatures related to malware spread in those areas.
Of course I don't know HanAVI and I can't be precise in my opinion.

kev216

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Yes I also think that it is an AV only to use in that area, but I was just curious if someone knows more about it, since it was mentioned on softpedia, not long ago.

Reactions: LabZero

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
Months ago I tested Smadav, Indonesian antivirus.
Good reviews on the Web but in my little test it has not working fine
It seems that these products are effective mainly towards malware present in the specific geographical area and the database contains signatures related to malware spread in those areas.
Of course I don't know HanAVI and I can't be precise in my opinion.
What i know,i am malaysian and many my friend using smadav because just want protect their laptop from usb shortcut virus..and database at smadav is not update daily like other famous Anti virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.