Hangtooth's Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
HitmanPro.Alert, Avira AV Pro, Windows Firewall Control with Medium Filtering and High Notification settings.
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Emergency Kit, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Zemana Antimalware Portable free version.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
64 bit Firefox and Chrome, lastest available updates, Lastpass Password Manager, Adguard for Windows + Adguard extensions running, Zenmate for free VPN access on demand.
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor Paid version

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Removed: Privacy Badger + uBlock Origin
Added: Adguard for Windows lifetime

Trying the release candidate for v6 and liking it.
I haven't used Adguard on Windows (uBlock Origin is enough, since I want to concentrate my ad-filtering only in my browser) but I have been using it on my Android phone (proxy mode) and so far it has blocked ~3200 ads across the traffic of all of my applications, which total 92 megabytes.

All in all, this was a good update.
Adguard sure is worth it. :p

Reactions: Rishi and Hangtooth

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Yeah I like adguard for windows a lot, I just switch back and forth as sometimes Adguard will break things that uBlock does not. Probably user error on my part =)

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Yeah I like adguard for windows a lot, I just switch back and forth as sometimes Adguard will break things that uBlock does not. Probably user error on my part =)
You're most probably right about Adguard breaking stuff, but uBlock Origin can also break webpages or webpage elements (its filters are much more aggressive than AdBlock Plus) though I haven't experienced anything like this so far.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Best page breaker for me is User agent spoofer with header/referer spoofer turned ON, you should try visiting rollback rx website, you will be surprised.:D

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Best page breaker for me is User agent spoofer with header/referer spoofer turned ON, you should try visiting rollback rx website, you will be surprised.:D

Aw, I just tried with firefox + Random Agent Spoofer with spoof referrer turned on + adguard for windows all running and it didn't break the rollback rx site. What does it do to you? Maybe if I tried chrome instead?

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Aw, I just tried with firefox + Random Agent Spoofer with spoof referrer turned on + adguard for windows all running and it didn't break the rollback rx site. What does it do to you? Maybe if I tried chrome instead?
Well I am using Palemoon + ublock origin + RAS version 0.9.3.1.1 signed.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-10_21-34-57.png
    upload_2016-1-10_21-34-57.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Updated config to hopefully comply with the new guidelines. Haven't been on for awhile =)

D

Deleted member 178

Any reason to disable Smartscreen and not using a password? disabling them open some holes in your security.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.