Happy Thanksgiving!

Fritz

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
About time to shout out a "Happy Thanksgiving" to my American friends! :)

Since I honor this tradition as well, I can barely move by now and hope I won't need a crane to put me to bed after the games. Lions lead the Vikings 10-7, 10 more hours of NFL. Life is good. :D

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
On Thanksgiving, thanks to MalwareTips for keeping us all informed and helping us be more educated on the issues of dangerous software. Also, thanks to all American and non-American members for their contributions and for remembering our holiday. No idea why you hailing from other countries should care about Puritans eating with Indians back in the 1600s, but it is a very kind gesture on your part nonetheless.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving! dont know what it means though... it's just a normal day here :)
I thought all Elves celebrated Thanksgiving ? :rolleyes:
Seriously though,
All my friends and and MT members I hope you have a very Thankful day weather you celebrate this US holiday
or not. PeAcE be with you

Fritz

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving! dont know what it means though... it's just a normal day here :)

Well, history aside, it comes down to gobbling up as much turkey and sides as you can possibly fit into your stomach until you can't move anymore. After that just a few forks more. Oh, and don't forget dessert. :p

Also, you get to watch a good 10 hours of American Football, so there's that.

Add family and possibly friends, stir and you're all set. The day after you get to thank your respective religious entity that you made it through alive against all odds. There's your Thanksgiving. Now back to Football. :D

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Also, you get to watch a good 10 hours of American Football, so there's that.
Damn! I'm a Brit who's a US Football fanatic (long time Broncos fan since 80s) who can't stand soccer, so I was extremely annoyed to notice far too late Vikings-Lions being shown live here on free-to-air TV (I don't have Sky anymore, other Brits will know what I'm talking about) and just caught the last few minutes having missed most of the game.

From what I've learnt about Thanksgiving it sounds a fantastic occasion and, as you say, something best experienced first hand in the States.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Damn! I'm a Brit who's a US Football fanatic (long time Broncos fan since 80s) who can't stand soccer, so I was extremely annoyed to notice far too late Vikings-Lions being shown live here on free-to-air TV (I don't have Sky anymore, other Brits will know what I'm talking about) and just caught the last few minutes having missed most of the game.

From what I've learnt about Thanksgiving it sounds a fantastic occasion and, as you say, something best experienced first hand in the States.

I'm just the opposite, ha ha! I always look forward to the Boxing Day footy fixtures - booze, food and football - who can ask for more?
For those of you who don't know, Boxing Day is the day after Xmas Day and is generally another holiday day with family/friends for us Brits!

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I'm just the opposite, ha ha! I always look forward to the Boxing Day footy fixtures - booze, food and football - who can ask for more?
:DI think i'm in the wrong country! Your view is certainly far more the norm amongst us Brits than mine is.

Anyone Stateside who can't stand Gridiron but loves soccer fancy doing a swap?

Fritz

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015

Poor @uninfected1, I feel your pain. Even though Murdoch charges us an arm and a leg in Germany, too, Sky mostly covers just soccer of course. Select football games are FTA, but in the end I broke down and got myself an NFL Gamepass, which I highly recommend if you really like to watch football in the old world.

N.B.: Might want to change your forum name, since you clearly are. :p

Can't beat that, experiencing Turkey Day in its natural habitat is a real nugget. :D

For those of you who don't know, Boxing Day is the day after Xmas Day and is generally another holiday day with family/friends for us Brits!

And who could blame you for it—all good as long as you're having fun! :)

:DI think i'm in the wrong country! Your view is certainly far more the norm amongst us Brits than mine is.

Same here! My fellow countrymen tend to shake their heads when I start raving about American football. Soccer is No.1 here and that's not bound to change anytime soon, since the kids already start playing it at a young age.

Also, American football is a bit hard to get into, since its concept is so vastly different. Heck, at least I don't have to share, so Football is all MINE in my country. My… football… my… precious… *hops off making funny garbled and unintelligible noises* :p

Anyone Stateside who can't stand Gridiron but loves soccer fancy doing a swap?

Wherever the list, add me to it. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.