Expired Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition
hard-disk-sentinel-qapzc.png

Features:
  • Easy to use interface
  • Just install, configure alerts and your system is now safe. You'll be notified about the problems - but if everything is correct, Hard Disk Sentinel just sits on tray and displays current status. The data is protected 24 hours daily, 7 days a week.
  • Be advised of potential hard drive problems before they become catastrophic.
  • Measure the health of hard drives, solid state drives, as well as drives attached via external USB and e-SATA connections.
  • Monitor the total health of your drive, including temperature, self-monitoring data, transfer speeds, and more!
  • Detect and repair issues before they get worse.
  • Choose from a wide variety of alerts and reports.
  • Have your data automatically backed up when a potential problem is detected.

How to:
Visit the giveaway page and click - get it for free, choose the free product and fill in your details.
(You may use a disposable email)
Enjoy.​
Terms and conditions:
online license activation is required
License grants usage on one computer at a time.
No free upgrades or technical support

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Give it another shot, maybe they have new devs now:D:D

Reactions: Sr. Normal

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I have never used these kinds of software.

No harm in trying. Been using this HDD for about 4 and a half years now...:rolleyes:

Screenshot

Everything seems good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rishi and frogboy
L

LabZero

This, like other similar tools, uses S.M.A.R.T. technology, supported generally from all hard drives, to check the reliability of the hard disk to prevent data loss.
This technology analyzes many disk parameters during its operation and when a potential problem is detected, you can repair or replace the unit before you lose your data.
HDD continually performs "self-test" constantly updating some parameters about the efficiency and the current status of the disk itself.
Of course, that the control action carried out does not lose its effectiveness, the program needs to be used regularly, then started on Windows boot.
In my opinion this technology is reliable but still potentially affected by valuation errors.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
IMO every serious computer user should get this program. I had a refurbished hard drive that I recently replaced. HDS notified me every time a sector went bad. At the point where I finally decided replacement could wait no longer, HDS was telling me it was steadily deteriorating and I should back up frequently. I heard the hard drive making a sound for about three minutes, which was unprecedented. CrystalDiskInfo corroborated that the drive was in bad shape.

HDS makes it easy for you to get audible and visual alerts when deterioration occurs or when the temperature goes above your configured threshold. You can display in the system tray little squares that will conveniently show the temperatures of your internal and external drives.

As you see in the screenshot above, there is a tab for information on your drive. You can run short or extended self-tests.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
These tools are quite good for reference but don't rely too much since their accuracy is varied and if you think the HDD can work well through many years then why worried? One major symptoms that can easily notified where it cannot both up or system hang; the write and read speed deteriorates little enough from time to time.

Reactions: scot

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
These softwares are not 100 % accurate, if you use same kind of software from different vendors, you will get slightly different statistics. But they can always give you an overall picture of the condition of your disks, but don't rely on them with your eyes closed.

Reactions: Exterminator

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.