GPU: 82C
SYSTEM: 72C
CPU: 23C
AUX: 125C
HDO: 30C
Core 0: 48C
Core 1: 48C
Core: 82C

My PC has been on all night. I checked it as soon as I woke. I have not put any stress on it prior to running Speedfan.

Fans are working. They are on at times and off at times. [/b]

What are your thoughts?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
whats is ur cpu? GPU seems very hot if its idle? Overall its too hot boot into the BIOS and check the temps with those of speedfan's

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Yeah. The GPU looks like it is boiling over, but I don't know if that is a reliable reading.

AUX 0 fan: 0 RPM
AUX 1 fan: 0 RPM
CPU 1 fan: 0 RPM
SYSTEM Fan: 1300 RPM
CPU 0 fan: 831 RPM

I am going to try shutting the PC down for a couple of hours and starting it back up to see what the temperatures look like after the PC has obviously cooled off. That way I will know if those are faulty readings.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I use HWmonitor.

A general tips is that you try to sort the cables out of the way for better air flow and see if dust is there as well clean it up. could you show the it looks inside the case?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
There is a little dust around the edges of some hardware components, but nothing alarming. It is not enough that I would run out and get a can of compressed air. I cannot see any dust on the Motherboard, so if any, there is very little.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
try running the computer with the side off for a little. Your only running 1 fan, maybe you should look at adding an additional one or a better fan (RPM is a little slow). Check the graphic card to make sure it's not full of dust as well. Remember fans get coated in dust it might not look like a lot but it will slow the fan down and lessens it's lifespan.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
fans get coated in dust it might not look like a lot but it will slow the fan down and lessens it's lifespan.

Excellent point. That makes the most sense short of SpeedFan giving out false readings.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
pcjunklist said:
try running the computer with the side off for a little. Your only running 1 fan, maybe you should look at adding an additional one or a better fan (RPM is a little slow). Check the graphic card to make sure it's not full of dust as well. Remember fans get coated in dust it might not look like a lot but it will slow the fan down and lessens it's lifespan.

Wise advice as always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.