Has Gdata Internet Security 2016 been released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes.

The novelty of this version

The complete anti-exploit protection: it protects your PC from viruses, but also malicious software that target security holes in your installed programs

Features

Optimum protection against viruses and other network risk: Best virus detection rates with technologies operating in parallel and which leave no chance to threats, even the most recent

Behavioral file verification: The proactive detection and connection to the cloud even protect you from malware still unknown.

Immediate protection of your email: Incoming emails are subject to receipt an analysis to detect harmful attachments and other suspicious content before they can damage your system.

Level protection of your programs vulnerabilities: The new anti-exploit protection secures your computer at the security vulnerabilities of installed programs, word processing plug-in browser.

The security of banking and online shopping: Patented BankGuard technology as well as new protection against keyloggers ensure your browser security against manipulation and data theft.

Protection against attacks from hackers with a secure firewall: The behavior of all incoming and outgoing connections is controlled and you are reliably protected against hackers and attacks on your network.

AntiSpam against advertising mails and phishing attempts: Antispam email protection blocks spam, but also removes directly dangerous phishing links.

Protect your children against adult content: IPM protects children from dangerous websites for them and prevents them from spending too much time surfing or to play in limiting the use of the computer and the Internet.

Quality assistance live: Our team, working in Bochum in our head office, works closely with the development department to offer you the best possible support, quickly and directly.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...fr/1710-g-data-internet-security-&prev=search

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@nsm0220 You could upgrade G-data and remove those -now- unneeded software; Comodo Firewall and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. Plus with a modern browser, you'll be well protected.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
@nsm0220 You could upgrade G-data and remove those -now- unneeded software; Comodo Firewall and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. Plus with a modern browser, you'll be well protected.
Malwarebytes is for my 2nd layer of defense and as for Comodo firewall, i use it for its sandbox.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You are now using 2016 Version? Notice any performance improvements over 2015?

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
You are now using 2016 Version? Notice any performance improvements over 2015?
Not yet but my gdata is here in the pics.
gdata is.JPG
gdata is there.JPG

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Would test 2016 out (since 2015 is causing some serious freezing problems), however I searched everywhere and can't find where it is. See links for TP but not for IS. The beta forum shows nothing even when logged in. I will add that it isn't out (at least not in English) as I would have told by G Data when checking for program updates.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. I will also add that G Data hates when Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit hooks into browsers. Probably it's own Anti-Exploit module at work... or maybe it's behavioral blocking since it says it detects malicious behavior or something like that anyway.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Seems like the beta forum closes after a while which is why I can't access it. Since this beta has been out for months it might just mean it is about to release. No evidence in my stupid long searches has anything come up about 2016 being out (non-beta). Could have missed something I guess. Will use Emsisoft IS until I can get my hands on G Data IS version 26 (2016).

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Seems like the beta forum closes after a while which is why I can't access it. Since this beta has been out for months it might just mean it is about to release. No evidence in my stupid long searches has anything come up about 2016 being out (non-beta). Could have missed something I guess. Will use Emsisoft IS until I can get my hands on G Data IS version 26 (2016).
Same here, I want to test it along with 3 other av's like Trustport,360, and ,Tiranium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Which version are you using? Is it 25.1.something? That should be the current "2016" version, they changed their version numbering system during the beta.

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Which version are you using? Is it 25.1.something? That should be the current "2016" version, they changed their version numbering system during the beta.
Yes you are right>>version:25.1.0.4 is 2016!!

Reactions: Koroke San

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Yes you are right>>version:25.1.0.4 is 2016!!
Yeah it was a kinda dumb move by GData to do this, in the beta they had version number 26.something and suddenly they "downgraded" it to 25.1, this caused and still is causing a lot of confusion. They are also still having auto upgrade problems and quite a lot of users are stuck on the 2015 version. :confused:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Reactions: silversurfer

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
It's latest version on my computer was 25.1.0.3. If what you guys say is correct, I was using 2015.

ntvolli

Level 1
Oct 25, 2015
Hello there,
GData uses no more dates. Rather, the program is continuously developed. The current version is 25.1.0.9. By the end of the year, the version 25.1.0.10. will appear.
greetings
Olli

ouyangx

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2015
Hello there,
GData uses no more dates. Rather, the program is continuously developed. The current version is 25.1.0.9. By the end of the year, the version 25.1.0.10. will appear.
greetings
Olli
Is there any changelog or list of improvements?

ntvolli

Level 1
Oct 25, 2015
For every Version there is a changelog which will be apperar while you installiert the version.
There are many small improvements, but not a really New feauture.
So bankingguard, exploitprotection an the Scanner habe improved.
In my opinion GData is worth a tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.