Advice Request Has the Nvidia GeForce driver bug gone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudo -i

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
@Spawn Have they fixed the GFE driver update bug where "Express Install" is performed even when you click "Custom Install"? Dropped the software back in November because of it, but willing to pick it up again.

Reactions: SHvFl

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Spawn Have they fixed the GFE driver update bug where "Express Install" is performed even when you click "Custom Install"? Dropped the software back in November because of it, but willing to pick it up again.
Don't know, you'll need to check with Nvidia Support.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So you don't custom update your graphic drivers with the software??
No, Express installation for the same versions of Windows, but for Creators Update will do a fresh installation of Nvidia.

I am not a PC Gamer, so I don't always update Nvidia drivers on release.

Reactions: sudo -i and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Why do you use GFE anw. I usually downloaded the driver and then do custom install to install only the gfx driver(no audio,physx...).

Reactions: sudo -i

sudo -i

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Why do you use GFE anw. I usually downloaded the driver and then do custom install to install only the gfx driver(no audio,physx...).
1% placebo boost to my video games. Mostly because I can't be bothered to figure out optimal settings myself so I settle for "good enough". I do custom installation as well, but I throw in PhysX because why not.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
1% placebo boost to my video games. Mostly because I can't be bothered to figure out optimal settings myself so I settle for "good enough". I do custom installation as well, but I throw in PhysX because why not.
I checked GFE a while ago and it usually does worse performance with it than without it. There was a review about it. It's really not worth the effort you only have to figure a game settings once.

Reactions: Rolo and sudo -i
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.