New Update Hasleo Backup Suite launches with file backups and other improvements

Backup and recovery
336 Replies 79,539 Views
I just got a new backup ssd (still in the box) -- I think I'll look at veritas (been a long-time macrium user -- have not had a reason to test it -- or see it fail) It looks like veritas is only, or primarily, a cloud backup solution -- not seeing any price, it says "request a call from sales" that is usually costly. Is the cost friendly?

 
I just got a new backup ssd (still in the box) -- I think I'll look at veritas (been a long-time macrium user -- have not had a reason to test it -- or see it fail) It looks like veritas is only, or primarily, a cloud backup solution -- not seeing any price, it says "request a call from sales" that is usually costly. Is the cost friendly?


It's more of a small business solution. I've never heard of home users using it.
 
Veritas has a few backup solutions. The particular one I use is Veritas System Recovery 23. Veritas bought the Symantec product of the same name a few years ago and updated it. At the core it's essentially Symantec Ghost which had been around for many years, and (most importantly for me) it's ultra rock solid.

Regarding the Macrium failures, few, other than the overly obsessed (yours truly) rarely do any extensive failure testing of Imaging software (time consuming, boring, and a pain) as is assumed that all such solutions will act without fault; sadly this is not the case.
 
Veritas has a few backup solutions. The particular one I use is Veritas System Recovery 23. Veritas bought the Symantec product of the same name a few years ago and updated it. At the core it's essentially Symantec Ghost which had been around for many years, and (most importantly for me) it's ultra rock solid.

Regarding the Macrium failures, few, other than the overly obsessed (yours truly) rarely do any extensive failure testing of Imaging software (time consuming, boring, and a pain) as is assumed that all such solutions will act without fault; sadly this is not the case.
...fwiw I used Ghost so long ago, I don't even remember when. I will look at Veritas System Recovery 23, thanks.
 
Veritas has a few backup solutions. The particular one I use is Veritas System Recovery 23. Veritas bought the Symantec product of the same name a few years ago and updated it. At the core it's essentially Symantec Ghost which had been around for many years, and (most importantly for me) it's ultra rock solid.
 

Hasleo has 1 big flaw ​

My friend has been using it for a while 2 days ago he got hit by a ransomware attack, His backups were on a stand alone hard drive. When he connected the hard drive to his computer to do a restore. It got hit by the ransomware. Hasleo needs some kind of anti ransomware protection
 
What @Acadia said. Or, he could have stored his backups, external or not, in an access-controlled folder. Windows security can do that for you. The only imaging program that has anything liker that is Macrium Reflect, with its Guardian feature. Not even Terabyte's IFW has that feature, and it's one of the best ever. The bottom line, you cannot do a hot restore anyways so why even connect the drive whilst hot? That's dumb.
 
Why are there two websites? Which one is the real?

 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top