Advice Request Have I been pwned?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Yesterday when I was trying to see if I can optimize windows ( make them faster ), I noticed something odd

svchost connects to a remote IP 52.230.84.217 at the standard https port (443).

52.230.84.217 is odd because it is a site with an invalid certificate

VirusTotal detects nothing on that IP but the lack of valid certificate just feels ackward

Any help would be appreciated. Ie does anyone else see this connection ? Does anyone know more on this IP? Any hints would be appreciated

Reactions: Vasudev

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
microsoft use these ips for update distiribution for example akamai networks it is non microsoft firm but microsoft distiribute its updates over like this firms all over the world but ı dont know well sometimes i see these ips too

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
microsoft use these ips for update distiribution for example akamai networks it is non microsoft firm but microsoft distiribute its updates over like this firms all over the world but ı dont know well sometimes i see these ips too

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.