Have you ever tried coding some VIrus/Malware?

Have you ever tried coding some VIrus/Malware?

• Yes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Yes, tried but not successful

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WinXPert

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Ages ago, I tried my luck in writing a virus. I was not successful perhaps due to lack of programming skills. To date, I have less than a handful of worm scripts I used in testing, something annoying but not destructive. I also have one written for XP than can make it unbootable, call it for sabotage only :D.

How about you, have you tried it?

Mod Edit.
Be aware of the Guidelines:
  • We do not allow discussions involving Code for Hacking, Cracking, Bypassing, Exploiting or other forms of malware.
Forum Rules | malwaretips.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
In my green days I've studied the assembly lang because of my job as a industrial programming, but I've never written malware.
I prefer to dissect a malcode to understand how it works and how skilled was the person who wrote it.

Well, even if today we use high-level languages that simplify the work, the assembly is always useful, as it is a low-level language. The low-level is sometimes necessary when we are planning particular software, as drivers that need to work directly with the hardware, and only the assembly is able to do it correctly and accurately.
In addition, the assembly is used for reversing and much more: debugging of applications, analysis of program's behavior, control of the correct operation of the software, editing software, study, etc
The debuggers, the disassembler, the memory-scanner, etc., "speak" assembly and it is useful and right to study it (a programmer should know it).

For example, a debugger is a software used to examine the execution of another program, in order to find errors and programming problems. Compared to the disassembler, which offer a snapshot of the software and may not provide information on the execution of the various functions, a debugger provides a dynamic view of the program, going to do step-by-step instructions.

Almost all programmers will be familiar with the debugging of the source code of a software. This type of debugging at source level, is much more simple and less complex than debugging at the assembly level. The latter, instead of operating on the source code (which we don't have), operates at a low level, then in the assembly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.