Heikko's Security Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azertydv

Level 1
Thread author
May 26, 2017
I also use a VPN : ProtonVPN which is really great !

I don't use a Backup program because my important data are in the Cloud (the most sensitive data are encrypted with Cryptomator).
And when I have a problem with my system, I prefer to leave again on a clean install.

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about my security configuration :)

Last edited:

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Data backup is very important, use an external HD or a cloud service. PCs are not eternal, and a simple system crash is a problem without backup.
System backup is also useful, and you have a lot of free good software like Aomei or macrium reflect.

Reactions: Technozz and kev216

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looks good. :) I can't really add a lot. Maybe you can add a cleanup tool like Ccleaner to clean up unneccesary temp files.

In your case it is not really necessary to make a whole system backup. If you feel good the way you do it now when installing a clean iso when something is wrong and with saving your important documents in the cloud, I wouldn't force you to change that habit. I also do it this way and it saves a lot of space than a whole system backup. Maybe an offline copy of your documents too on an external hdd might be good to add in case you can't acces the internet. If you do want to make a full backup copy, you can take a look at veeam endpoint backup or aomei backupper.

With the Norton suite and all those other scanners you are also building a strong wall against malware.
Overall, a good and simple config. Stay safe! ;)

Azertydv

Level 1
Thread author
May 26, 2017
Data backup is very important, use an external HD or a cloud service. PCs are not eternal, and a simple system crash is a problem without backup.
System backup is also useful, and you have a lot of free good software like Aomei or macrium reflect.

Maybe you can add a cleanup tool like Ccleaner to clean up unneccesary temp files.
If you do want to make a full backup copy, you can take a look at veeam endpoint backup or aomei backupper.

A good backup solution like Macrium Reflect is highly recommended.

I have added Ccleaner (Portable Edition) but I would like to add a small precision for Backups I save my data on differents Cloud storage (Google Drive, Onedrive,..) so risks of losing my data should be rather low.

That's still a data backup..
True (I have edited my sentence)

Thanks for your advices !

Azertydv

Level 1
Thread author
May 26, 2017
Some changes have been made.
Added : Kaspersky Security Cloud, AdGuard Pro, Revo Uninstaller (Portable)
Removed : Norton, Ccleaner (Portable), MalwareBytes-Free, Hitman Pro(Trial)
One thing about system image backup that I didn't specify, if something goes wrong, I prefer to restart with a clean install so still no change on this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.