Expired Heimdal Pro 1.10 Promo

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

icerulez

Level 2
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
there is bunch of sites about testing antiviruses, like av comparatives west coast labs,isca labs virus bulletin etc.
i never saw heimdal pro on the list, it looks like the defender of the ASGARD :p

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I used it temporarily. But it wouldn't properly work in my Windows 10 laptop. Heimdal team confirmed that Heimdal products are not yet fully tested to be compatible with Windows 10.

But as soon as Heimdal Pro is compatible with Windows 10, then there's a big probability that I will install it again.

I highly recommend their products due to their professionalism and good technology.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I used it temporarily. But it wouldn't properly work in my Windows 10 laptop. Heimdal team confirmed that Heimdal products are not yet fully tested to be compatible with Windows 10.

But as soon as Heimdal Pro is compatible with Windows 10, then there's a big probability that I will install it again.

I highly recommend their products due to their professionalism and good technology.

Could you introduce how Heimdal works?:)
It seems that Heimdal has not been involved into a "X vs Y vs Z..." war in MT:D, so I cannot figure out what kind of security product it is.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Could you introduce how Heimdal works?:)
It seems that Heimdal has not been involved into a "X vs Y vs Z..." war in MT:D, so I cannot figure out what kind of security product it is.
Basically it patches known very vulnerable softwares. Also, it would scan the internet traffic whenever you're surfing the web, so that it can block malware.

A representative of Heimdal is making very good insights about their product in the comment section of giveawayoftheday.com.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Like MBAE and HMP.A?
No. Heimdal would download and install the latest update for the vulnerable softwares.

Would this be based on signature, like traditional antivirus?
I'm not really sure. They said that they detect malware based on domains.

There's a thread in the Wilders about Heimdal. There, a rep. enumerated the features of Heimdal.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
The giveaway gives you a custom installer. Honestly you don't need it. The text file gives you a link that takes you to the actual landing page for the giveaway hosted on Heimdal's site. You just enter an email (and you can also have the key work for up to 4 PC's if you check the box). Once the page gives you the key, it also also you to click and download the program.

Heimdal Security special offer is live!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It will be windows 10 compatible soon.
It works by scanning internet traffic as well as patching software vulnerabilities.Blocks phishing sites,banners,scripts,etc. Protects against data loss as well as banking protection.Runs well alongside most AV programs.It is not a traditional AV

trhd03twth

Level 1
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
Like MBAE and HMP.A?
As @XhenEd stated, but in this aspect, Heimdal's apps list is modest. Their supporter claims that Heimdal will be improved to cover more apps.
If you're going to use its free version, you'd better go with Secunia since Heimdal Free only patches apps, which Secunia's is far more better at the moment.
Heimtal can work along side with MBAE/HMP.A. They complement each others.

Would this be based on signature, like traditional antivirus?
Yes. For malware detection and traffic scan, it uses signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Online_Sword

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
A screenshot of the modules:

screenshot_1.png

Secure DNS is what it uses to filter traffic (malicious site blocking) - if it's turned off, no more web blocking (not that it's that great anyway). Being that it's behavioral (malware detection), it doesn't actually scan static files. If you download any malware, it will not do anything until it's running. I've never actually tested this in a VM so don't know how or if it works well. I'd also imagine it would have some type of blocking for droppers and maybe bots to (I get that from it's "Enable detection based on network traffic analysis".

My favorite feature is probably the patching of vulnerable apps. Silent and automated.

Here is the processes/resource usage for those interested:

screenshot_2.png

This product can also apparently remove infections such as info stealers. By that I'd assume keyloggers and the like? If any of this was mentioned by previous posters, my bad. Didn't read much while preparing this post.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Capture.PNG

I got a warning about heartbleed on Heimdal website should this happen with a site that deal with security?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.