Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad300

Thread author
Verified
Feb 6, 2013
How is everyone doing? I got the stupid department of justice moneypak virus and im locked out of my computer. Scared me half to death! Lol im like "i surf youtube, facebook, twitter, a few music websites and thats it!" Then I saw it said my location was macon georgia...i live hours away from macon...and then asked for money instead of legal action. Something didnt sound right. Not only should there not be anything on my computer outside of pictures and videos of my kids...but the department of justice should be able to pinpoint my city correctly. I did a search on my phone and sure enough...its a scam. Now ive also realized every time I turn it off and back on the timer restarts. I just need some help trying to get it off now. This looked like a good place to try. I really hope so. I dont wanna lose all those pics and vids of my kids. I got some first steps and stuff in there! Anyway...ill post again in the other threads the steps ive already taken. I really hope someone can help me. Nice to meet everyone :)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Hello and a big WELCOME to MalwareTips Nomad300

I hope that you enjoy your stay and I look forward to reading your posts and threads.

The first stop that is recommended is the PC-Security-Configuration-Wizard so that feedback can be given on your set up.

Have a good look around the forum I am sure that you will learn plenty as there are many many IT Professionals as members sharing
their years of experiences and knowledge around, ohhh and are always up for a healthy discussion in the war room :D

sorry to hear that you picked up department of justice moneypak virus but can I settle you and give you a little piece of mind and say
your joining this awesome forum was a great decision and the first step in recovering your system.

one more thing! the giveaways and contests here are FREEkin awesome! enjoy :welcomewave:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hi,Nomad300 welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!! You came to the right place.Post your problem in this section https://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance-for-windows.10/ and somebody will help you get rid of that.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.