Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prez

Thread author
Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone! The last few years I've had issues with data and mobile security. I think a lot of people understand how much of a toll an attack can take in protecting your assets. I've had to jump into a lot of information at once so I'm very happy to have found this community. Right now I'm focusing on Android and need some assistance in malware removal. I would also love some recommendations for learning the OS as I'm only coming across a lot of fluff. If I can get this stuff down, I would like to learn more about mobile networks and spyware.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Prez, it's nice to meet you.
Your sharing about your desire to know more about Android resonates with me closely because I use 2 step authorizations for my accounts here, LastPass which securely logs me in, and also for my email which must be accessed in order to obtain a one time 6 digit verification code before I am allowed to successfully frollic these forums freely.
Today, I'd reinstated Norton's free Applock security app on my phone. I'd not used this fine security app for many months following an update that required permissions. Applock requires a 4 digit passcode:rolleyes: I (for the life of me) did not remember:unsure: following my 1st try, and not on the 2nd attempt either.:X3:
:cautious:Long story short, my third attempt happened to be the right one!:sneaky:(y) ..although I was running out of options.:oops: The moral of this story is simply this: "Don't get locked out." & "Even Android security is only as reliable as your own common sense (..& sometimes your memory)".
Know where your key codes are, and have a back up plan (notebooks work nicely) if you ever need a memory back up!

We'll find more to discuss about Android, and we're all very glad to have you with us here on MT!:coffee: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.