Hello!! I'm a newbie here, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat1110

Thread author
Jun 15, 2011
I was lucky enough to find malwaretips.com on Bill Mullins' Weblog Tech Thoughts which I read almost daily. I've been a relative late comer to the internet, going online for the first time about 5 years ago. While it took about 5 minutes for me to be hooked (as I knew I would be), my education is ongoing. I've had to teach myself everything as I've not had anyone around me that was interested in anything more than forwarding e-mails and shopping. Finding well written and intelligent blogs on all things tech wasn't the problem in the beginning, so much as finding blogs that used terms I understood! I'm happy to say that I eventually caught up a bit and am now able to help my family and friends somewhat with their computer problems. I've upgraded a few computers with both hardware and software. I've cleaned installed OS's and mounted backup images on new hard drives. I've been fortunate enough to be able to salvage photos for a friend from her "dead" hard drive onto an external drive. I wouldn't have been able to do any of these things without the wonderful forums and blogs available just for the looking. Now, I have the opportunity learn more here. Malware is everywhere and education is the key. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips.

I really hope you enjoy your stay :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.