Hello MalwareTips users I'm Malware Maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
I am new to MalwareTips. I got mt account a couple of days ago. I'll be roaming the site and replying to threads.

I first became interested in malware after my first computer (Windows XP) died from a Rogue (although I was panicing(i was 10 and didn't know anything about malware)). I purchased my Windows 7 a week later.

Hopefully I'll do good in the forums

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
hello Malware Maniac!:cool:
I have also started looking more into computer security after my PC got infected,so you're not alone!

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Malware Maniac said:
I first became interested in malware after my first computer (Windows XP) died from a Rogue (although I was panicing(i was 10 and didn't know anything about malware)). I purchased my Windows 7 a week later.

Thats how I got interested, Got a nasty rouge on my computer when I was 10 got another when I was 12 even though I was panicking aswell, I got interested in Malware and PC security. Its Funny once you think about it.

Anyways, Welcome to the Forums! :welcomewave:

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
Actually I've had my windows 7 for about a year and a half and so I was 12. The rogue got on my browser I did not install it. I thought it was rediculously priced (about $90) I was panicing and running a scan with MBAM. Long story short I shut down my computer and can't start it up anymore.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips.

Hope that you enjoy your stay.

The first stop that we recommend is the PC Security Configuration Wizard so that we can give you feedback on your configuration.

Have a look around the forum. You will learn quite a few new things here ;)

Once again welcome :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi and welcome to MalwareTips :welcomewave:

Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.