Hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottagegal

Thread author
Sep 24, 2012
I sought help from this website because I was infected by a horrible malware virus (File_Recovery) that was deposited to my computer by a fraudulant email that said it was from Fedex. Beware- don't open a Fedex email even if you think you have grounds to. The instructions have been thorough but I still have issues.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Hello welcome to the forums. :welcomewave:
First place I recommend you go is the Malware Removal Assistance Forum and get help.
A tip DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS IN FROM LEGIT COMPANIES. Scan the file with virus total first.
If you want to show the email you can post it in my thread in the spacebar http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Got-a-scam-in-my-junk-mail-box
How did you find out about MT?

cottagegal

Thread author
Sep 24, 2012
I found out about MT by googling "How to remove File_Recovery" from my computer. I suspected from the dramatic fashion in which this virus displayed itself that it required further investigation. I was definitely not going to click the icon it had deposited on my screen

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Hi there, Welcome to MalwareTips! Glad you found us :D

Please post your security configuration so we can give feedback to your computer security setup and help you prevent future infections!
Post it here:
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.