Hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcnathan88

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2016
After doing my part in removing/cleaning the browser hijacker on my chrome I found that there is another malware on my PC. It specifically affects my browsers, Firefox and Chrome. But I use chrome all the time. This adware opens a new window and a redirect. When I click on something on a webpage I'm browsing a new window opens up or a new tab is opened and the previous tabs shows an ad. What I encounter is smartnewtab.com, onclickads.net and liveadexchanger.com. I have done the solutions I've found here and on other websites but to no avail. The malware/virus still persist. I believe it's about high time I seek professional help and advice here on malwaretips.com. Thanks for welcoming me.

marcnathan88

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2016
Welcome to MT, @marcnathan88 :)

To quote my favorite game... "Anothervisitor, stay awhile, stay FOREVER!!!!!"

Thank you for the welcome @askmark :). I actually have a plan of staying forever so I can learn a lot about removing malware. Avoiding them. Recognizing them and knowing what to do when I encounter them and share what I leaned from experts to others.

Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Thank you for the welcome @askmark :). I actually have a plan of staying forever so I can learn a lot about removing malware. Avoiding them. Recognizing them and knowing what to do when I encounter them and share what I leaned from experts to others.

Thank you again.

No problem, you've definitely come to the right place to learn everything about malware :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.