HELP about IP LOGGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
Today I clicked on a link on reddit that lead me to an "Antivirus" website I think it is fake, before it loaded fully I closed the page. the link on top of the page loaded but the page was blank, I basically closed the website before I saw any pictures/visuals.. I am new to reddit so I did not know clicking on the title will take you to the site/link.. oopsss

Was that a fake site or even worse an ip logger?
Am I stuffed?

The link is on the only thread on the sub reddit I hate AVAST
it should come up when you type up AVAST on reddit.

Thanks.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Reddit would not allow malvertising, if you mean this, it is a legitimate webpage, no shady products advertised.

Attachments

• capture_08122017_182945.jpg
    capture_08122017_182945.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 449
  • capture_08122017_183014.jpg
    capture_08122017_183014.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 391

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I use VPN now and then but not always, because I want to benefit from my internet speed.But you should be very careful also on Facebook.:)

It depends on what VPN service you use. I use a Pure VPN. The connection and surfing speed is incredible. The download speed is also good :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I use EkspressVpn,Surfeasy Ultra and ProtonVpn Plus.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.